Thread: Health insurance

Health insurance

I am looking at getting health insurance for myself, my wife and my new baby. Just after some advice on extras cover. What ones are good value, any recomendations etc. Have also heard ppl here metion each year they get $500 worth of fishing gear each year under sporting. What cover is required for this? like i said any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks Sean

Big_Kev

Re: Health insurance

Sean health cover is a good thing.
    But you will have to shop aroundthere are plenty of different products to get, and you will need to read the print so to speak so they don't get you.
    Research is you best tool in this case.
    The cover that use to have the sporting goods cash back type offer is not so lucrative these days, you are best to read the policy in this instance as you may be better to save up some points towards any gap that may be between what they will pay and what the bill is.
    When it comes to the crunch you will soon find out what is not covered.Dental is the big issue here. However when my wife had the little fella and the brown stuff went through the fan we were glad we were covered thats for sure.
    Cheers Kev.

Mate . I have full cover with MBF and it aint a pinch of s**t...

It may give you Private hospital cover but you still have to pay the excesses the surgeon/aneathesist charges and the day rates for bed...

I had surgery 2 weeks ago and decided to go public cause it was cheaper and they could do it faster ... They estimated my day surgery would be over $500 cost to myself if I went private ..and thats with full cover.

In my opinion they are good for teenage families with braces etc and older people whom require more attention.. however we will be leaving it assoon as next baby is born..

I have had 3 operations in public prior to entering private health and they were all fantastic.

Thats my thoughts on it all anyhow..

Adam

Sean
    I think health insurance is vital . This year alone i've had two back surgeries, a son had his tonsils out and my wife just had our fourth son yesterday.so go out on monday and get it if only for peace of mind.By not being in the public system i was able to get surgery in three days. My surgeon told me that if i went public i would have waited weeks ,and at that stage i could barely walk,
    regards Mick

To insure or not to insure that's the big question ? It may well be a necessary evil just like house or car insurance your stuffed with out it. I have health insurance through work QR and that costs about $2000 a year and thats with the gov 30% rebate so not cheap. What price for peace of mind, this is for a family, with no excess. I know some people will say u don't need it u can go to the local hospital but if it is elective u may have to wait along time in pain so think long and hard. Anyway that's my 2 bob's worth seeya.

try privatehealth.com.au sorry dont know how to do the link thing
    gives you a link to all health covers

im with MBF its OK dont know about claiming fishing gear though??

Daniel