Thread: auto electric help wanted

auto electric help wanted

hi guys after a little help i have a truck which is 24v and i need to bring the trailer plug back to 12v i was told u can buy a converter so i rang thompsons only to be told there $185 bucks does anyone know where i can purchase these cheaper? i was lookin at buyin some hella leds for the trailer but they were over the $400 mark found some rippers at bias for $60 each but are only 12v checkem out www.ledautolamps.com

Re: auto electric help wanted

Try Dicksmiths, they'll have a 24v/12v DC transformer for sure.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

and can any one tell me how many amps does normal trailer lights draw

Why not just change the bulbs in the existing lights on your trailer to 24 volt? Thats what I'd be doing. It would be cheaper than buying a convertor or LED lamps like you have already said. $20 should pull it up.
    Bill
    [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]

change it out to 24v it will be allot cheaper as well the invertor would need a relay setup for brakes

If you want to know the power draw divide power (watts) by the system voltage. e.g 5 watts div. 12 volts = .42amps.
    5 watts div. 24 volts = .21 amps.
    If you want to know the total current demand just add all the electrical items for truck and trailer (ex starter) and divide by volts.