Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protest Rally Northside and Southside Brisbane

Re: Protest Rally Northside and Southside Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy
    [quote author=SeaHunt link=1156235268/15#26 date=1156404669]So instead of heading off home after you can't find a park maybe we should all keep doing laps of the city (very slow ones) and cause a bit of traffic chaos.
    Probably piss a few people off, but get more publicity. #
    SeaHunt,

I hope to be there too, but don't think that causing traffic chaos is the right thing to do. IMO our cause is better served by conducting an orderly protest without pi**ing off the public. Hopefully that way we may win a few more vote for TFPQ.

Regards,
    Dave.
    [/quote]

Inconvenience of a few for the greater good of all.
    Remember when the truckies blocked the highway a few years back.
    Everyone trying to get through was pretty pissed off, but it generated enormous publicity.
    Those of us sitting in our lounge rooms thought "Gee those truckies must really feel strongly about this to take that sort of action, maybe they have a genuine gripe".
    If they just drove around with a couple of signs on their trucks none of us would remember it now.

Seahunt,

best to take advice from the organisers of the rally exactly what they want us to do. They will have permits, and know what they want to achieve and how. I am sure they will tell everyone what they want us to do on Saturday before the convoy starts.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by puks
    since jeremy asked so nicely

in case GOT cant make it and i dont have a licence but would like to tag along could i get a lift? would meet you down at pelican park (just down the road from us)

if you go slowly i could ride my bike ??
    but we are willing to attend for sure one way or the other this is important

anya
    Puks and anyone else, I am happy to take people for a ride in my hilux. I live on the inner North and will be going down to Cleveland for the rally. I could pick up people in the city or at Cleveland, but I won't be going back to Cleveland afterwards.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

I'm in

will have to give the trailer bearings a good grease to keep out of trouble .
    Anyone want a ride, send me a pm. I'll be Leaving from Canon Hill, down to Cleveland, into town and back to Canon Hill.

to the organizers, thanks for getting this going, glad we can be of service and get involved in a good posative (and noticable way).

see you all there.

Juzo

ROB80

everyone make sure your rego is paid up, trailer roadworthy, boat secured properly, park legally etc as you can bet the establishment will have the police out terrorising the honest man expressing an honest opinion. nothing like a rally to raise money for the police ball!!!!!

gogecko

So who else is involved? Maybe someone has marketing and or PR skills they could donate? This needs a good press agent to ring the TV stations and let them know its on. Maybe people like nugget could give it a plug this Friday on 10? Has he been asked? Also Channel 9/7 do a fishing report, they might plug it, etc? Radio stations do community service announcements. Speak to the Save our Spit group and ask how they got the message across about rallies....this needs funds and newspaper ads.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I see col asked the same question and nobodies answered.....obviously this needs good promotion.

cheers
    Andrew

geko,
    i rang channel 7 and channel 9 about a month ago plus i sent them emails regarding the issue, but they didnt reply at all, remmeber that in the minds of networks like 7 and 9 this is not a issue. i think we will have to just spread the word as much as we can without there help.

cheers shaneoo

finga64

Road trip for "Junior"
    Got a spare boat if somebody needs one
    All this very sad I'm afraid.

gropeher

8000+ members and bugger all replies,
    come on guys, this is your only opportunity, dont complain when it is too late,
    you will find us lot at a fishing ground real close to YOU!

Ryan.

Hooked up the boat this morning about 8.15, undone the covers and removed any items that might get nicked if I had to park somewhere.

Head off over to Clontarf and got there about 9am.

Bugger me, no-one to be seen.

Plenty of boats out having a fish and plenty coming and going from the Clontarf Ramp, but none with any slogans etc.

Got on the mobile and rang the missus at home to get here to check the meeting point on the flyer and she says, it's next week you fool.

Oh well, some mothers do 'ave 'em.......

Better luck next week I hope.

- Darren

Hey Darren... at least you showed up mate!! even if it was a week early Should have put the boat in the water and had a fish while you were there!