Thread: crab

crab

hi all
    any one used these before and do they work

https://krabking.com.au/

Re: crab

Quite popular and the users like them.
    Fairly confident you will like them too.
    Jack.

I suspect it takes the guess work out of where to tie the string. The same problem remains, getting hold of the crab to be able to slip it on but then I haven't been crabbing in quite a while so I'll have to relearn how to go it.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Ausfish Platinum Member

I've been looking at them, but I don't tie my crabs now, so I'm just wary of jumping on the 'latest trend' bandwagon. We're doing a lot of crabbing at the moment, so I'm going to make a conscious effort to see if I would use something like this before I go getting something else just to fill a space in the side pockets of the boat.
    Cheers
    Corry

I just use the old fashioned piece of string, only takes a minute even for a mug like me. For Blue Swimmers (Sandcrabs) they just go in a salt water ice slurry, they are “dead” in a second, plus they keep nice and cold while still out crabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I just use the old fashioned piece of string, only takes a minute even for a mug like me. For Blue Swimmers (Sandcrabs) they just go in a salt water ice slurry, they are “dead” in a second, plus they keep nice and cold while still out crabbing.
    I couldn't get my head around the fact you still needed to be holding the muddie somehow to slip that contraption in. The old foot on the back and string still seems the best.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

well i went ahead and got some delivered i am very impressed how they work happy

well i went ahead and got some delivered and very happy how quick and easy t6hey are to use very happy