Thread: Battery compartment access

Battery compartment access

So I am totally fed up with trying to access my battery, hydraulic reservoir for the trim tabs and also fuel/water seperator through this crappy hatch...

Any and all ideas welcome as long as long as its waterproof....?

battery box.jpg

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Battery compartment access

Are you able to look at something like a mini fridge slide? Have it all mounted on framework, put it on a slide so it comes in and out maybe.
    Cheers
    Corry

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Are you able to look at something like a mini fridge slide? Have it all mounted on framework, put it on a slide so it comes in and out maybe.
    I like that idea although height appears to also be a limiting factor.
    Scott, can you put in another hatch beside it.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Yeah guys the issue is just how awkward is it to get at stuff inside that compartment..like switching the filter, cleaning battery terminals etc which just has to be done by feel..

Dont really want it moveable like a slide as this messes with all the wiring and cables thats attached to the battery terminals and harnessed above.The missus's idea is just for me to cut and fit 8 inch round hatch's in the walk through area bottom and side and then at least you can get your hands in and also see what I'm doing...aluminium ones are up to grand or so and plastic ones like on my back swim deck are much cheaper but can more easily crack if stepped on....getting easy access into tight spaces is not so much fun the older my body gets...

Whats that hook for, can you cut that section out and put another access hatch the same as the existing one in that section?

Or put another access hatch up above the hook and relocate the fuel/water separator etc to where it is easy to get to.

Times like this we miss Gazza. I’m sure he would have great advice for you lol.

So after quite some consideration i think this might work having a hatch on the step and the side.

marto the battery is basically against the side wall of the compartment ..it doesnt extend any further that way...

But i thought i was being tricky when the mechanic suggested putting the water separator in there but its a dog of an idea..the first trip out after a service the motor konked out 500m from the ramp and i found I had a battery compartment full of spilt fuel from the young mechanic dislodging or not tightening up one of the hoses where it joins the filter assembly..it might be a good idea to put it in the open on the back wall ..

yeah gunna all advice is appreciated but with that bloke it used to come with way too much associated drama..

battery box1111.png