Thread: Blackwatch vs Caribbean

Blackwatch vs Caribbean

Hi all,

looking to move from a large trailer boat to flybridge to suit stays at Rottnest here in perth with the family to trips all the way north to Exmouth billfishing.

tossing up between 36 Blackwatch and 35 Caribbean, BW is a bit Pokie inside for the family. C35 seems perfect and there are heaps here in perth, not many BW

But then there’s the step to 40, the BW40 and C40 seem head to head, and similar pricing.

hoping some of you have been on both or have experiences that can help

cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Blackwatch vs Caribbean

From general observation, the BW is significantly deeper in the vee in the smaller sizes, and narrower. This really does translate to less family comfort, as they roll significantly more. And require constant re-trimming in any kind of sea. Caribbeans just get on with it. In the 35? Well the sheer number of the Caribbeans available in Perth vs the Blackwatch probbaly tells the story.

Re: Blackwatch vs Caribbean

Have you looked at any cats in the 10-12m range? Leopard, voyager, Scimitar etc. When I started looking for a larger boat I started with Fairways, Caribbeans etc, but ended up with a cat. The space, stability and even fuel economy is often better. The Blackwatches I saw online scared me with their fuel figures. Big engines and deep vees suck the gas.