Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best sounder

Re: Best sounder

Think he may also do traing via the phone ??.might have read it same place as Corry.

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    Something that I found on another forum, there's a bloke, not sure where he's located, I think it's SEQ, but he does sounder training on your boat.
    All the details I have is:
    Nick Whyte, Tech Fishing. Apparently has a FB Page.

Maybe that's worth looking up. I didn't follow it up as apparently he doesn't venture up Cairns way, but I reckon it's something I'd do if it was an option. Don't know $$ or anything.
    Thanks mate I might try and track him down ,I really need someone who knows to show me in person . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    It’s got the total scan transducer and picks it up itself apparently and the 2D of all good but the down and side scan are useless and show next to nothing that I can see , I might reset it once I get my boat and trailer back from service . Thanks Matt
    You need to tune it right, it took me a while to dial mine in as well and once I did it just work and is very clear, I will try and find the link that helped me fix it and post it here.

try this

He is using Simrad but the fundamentals are the same, menu option names may vary between the HDS and the NSS.

Quote Originally Posted by steve099 View Post
    try this

He is using Simrad but the fundamentals are the same, menu option names may vary between the HDS and the NSS.
    Thanks for that mate , I will give it a go
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......