Thread: Castle law petition

Castle law petition

This proposal needs all the support it can get..

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/Wo...etails?id=4077

Householders should have the right to defend themselves against home invasion even if it results in the invader being seriously injured or killed....when you are woken up in the dark in the middle of the night you shouldnt have to stop and assess what the seriousness of the threat is and then only be legally able to respond in an equal measure......you should be able to eliminate that threat any way possible to protect yourself, your family and home....

I havent always been a fan of Nick Dametto but he really does put in the hard yards for his FNQ constituents on a local and personal level...

Facebook

He has just introduced a private members bill into parliament ..i think the odds are against it but truley hope it passes.

Re: Castle law petition

Doesn't WA already have something like this in place.

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Doesn't WA already have something like this in place.
    They have supposed to mate..but its still a bit strange as shown in the case below.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...0219-8bqk.html

When asked the cop stated this.........which in itself is still ambiguous and WA has also just passed reforms to deliver the toughest gun laws in the country...

"Detective Southall said Mr Valenti had a right to defend himself.

"Yes, everyone's got a right to defend themselves and their property from a home invader... as long as the force used is reasonable in the circumstances," hesaid."

IMO given the circumstances of that case in question the old fella should have shot them both dead...I would have..

EDIT....Having re-read the article I think the cop was speaking in a general sense regarding the last part and saying that you need to feel genuinely threatened to use violent force such as shooting someone..just as occurred in this circumstance.....However if the "home-invader "was a scrawny unarmed teenager that was trying to snatch a bag off your kitchen counter and runs away then common sense would dictate that shooting them would be unreasonable...

Signed. I can’t believe our constitution doesn’t have provisions for this. A bill of rights should make this a federal law.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

We don't have a bill of rights.
    I signed it but if you were to shoot an invader, they'd likely charge you for having an unsecured firearm or discharging in a public place, etc just out of spite.
    A decorative (but functional )spear or sword on the bedroom wall perhaps?

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk