Thread: bar crusher with minn kota

bar crusher with minn kota

I have just aquired a barcrusher 6.15 HT , has anyone fitted a minn kota to one , i can't see where you could place one apart from behind the cab on the gunnel , not very satisfactory .

Re: bar crusher with minn kota

Quote Originally Posted by ian graham View Post
    I have just aquired a barcrusher 6.15 HT , has anyone fitted a minn kota to one , i can't see where you could place one apart from behind the cab on the gunnel , not very satisfactory .
    If you don't have a leccy motor plate on yours you'll need to get one welded on. Here's one from a couple of years back, hope the link works.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/TgR...ibextid=oFDknk
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Optional Factory mount they put on when you buy them new you would just need to get someone to install something like this 20230814_135449.jpg20230814_135511.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906E using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Green View Post
    Optional Factory mount they put on when you buy them new you would just need to get someone to install something like this 20230814_135449.jpg20230814_135511.jpg

Jason, it seems that Ian already has the boat. I did see one on FB recently someone was selling at a good price, it had nicely moulded edges but FB being what is is I can't locate it, it would have been easy to get someone to weld it on.

Hope you've been getting into the fish, I've forgotten what it's like.

Sam
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Hi Sam yes I was just showing him roughly how Bc do it I will get home tomorrow night and get a couple of pictures with out the motorguide
    I think it's a bit light on though they market it as a 80lb bracket but it's a 105lb
    She has been pretty quiet on the fishing at home also the wind just won't back off did get out a few weeks back for a few nannies and reds managed to crack the 10kg at last not looking good for the Hookup this weekend though might be just plenty of beverages I am thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Jason, it seems that Ian already has the boat. I did see one on FB recently someone was selling at a good price, it had nicely moulded edges but FB being what is is I can't locate it, it would have been easy to get someone to weld it on.

Hope you've been getting into the fish, I've forgotten what it's like.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Green View Post
    I think it's a bit light on though they market it as a 80lb bracket but it's a 105lb

Definately make sure the bracket and the way its welded on is up to the task or it wont be the first leccy to visit Davey Jones locker...

I had one go for a swim, SS bracket snapped, luckily I had it zippy tied by the connecting cable to a stanchion. I did do the wrong thing, I moved forward under power a bit more than I should have as the spot I wanted was only 40m away and thought I'd get there quicker with the main motor in just above idle. A lot of stress on the brackrt, so much that a business that does them here has beefed up their design after a few similar instances.
    Thomas Sowell

Thanks for that jason , i figured that you would have to have the auto deploy version as there is no way a manual would be suitable.

Thanks for that jason , i figured that you would have to have the auto deploy version as there is no way a manual would be suitable.
    Ian, I had one on an Allison Vision 195 also awkward but if you attach a lanyard to the leccie and release the bracket, with the lanyard pulling directly upwards makes it a lot easier. Offshore it does help, just watch some YouTube on bass boats in the US to get an idea.
    Thomas Sowell

Hi Ian, I am not familiar with the Barcrusher deck layout but I recently fitted a Minnkota to a different brand of boat. I wasn’t keen on welding and burning paint so I got a piece of 10mm ally and bolted it all using large washes under the gunnel. I will get around to tidying up the handrail at some stage.Image1714802533.314082.jpgIMG_9984.jpgIMG_9985.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

With a leccie just remember it doesn't need to be pointing to the front.
    Thomas Sowell

Hi Ian no I just have a motorguide a hell off a lot cheaper than the Minn kota Ulterra it's easy enough to deploy through the front hatch you don't have to get out onto the bow to deploy it even better if you have a decky to do it for you