yeah Sam i'm well past reproductive age now so shooting blanks doesnt really bother me anyways...

Seriously though the quats are in most every shampoo, body wash and body product as well as extensively used in the food processing industry and as you mention for cleaning/sterilizing so we most likely have been literally bathing in it daily for the past 50 years of our lives..

I cant see that spraying a bit on some mould a few times a year is going to make much difference to me anyway after all the previous bad things I have done to my body over the years, which are more likely to come back and haunt me sooner or later..

But whatever works for you...i use Quats mostly but sometimes Sodium hypoclorite when i need to remove thick buildup quickly as it seems to soften the deposits in just just a few minutes which can then be more easily scrubbed off while the quats kill but it takes some some time for the dead moulds to flake off...Trouble is with the Hypochorite everything metallic in the vicinity needs to be hosed off really well due to the corrosive nature of it.....and like your neighbor I just hate when the missus uses clove oil and yeah it also reminds me of those butcher dentists of the old days as well...