Thread: Ideal Seaway Conditions

Ideal Seaway Conditions

Hi all, looking for a bit of an insight into what conditions I should be looking out for for my first bar crossing in the seaway...5.35 barcrusher

Thanks in advance

Re: Ideal Seaway Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Macca78 View Post
    Hi all, looking for a bit of an insight into what conditions I should be looking out for for my first bar crossing in the seaway...5.35 barcrusher

Thanks in advance
    Make sure you go out on a run in tide & if you can ....... come back on the run in (less critical - but best)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

The best conditions are near high tide, no wind and no swell, but, of course these times/conditions do not always fit your boating schedule.

I suspect Macca maybe is looking more info around wind direction and swell. I can't say as never go out the Seaway, the Bribie Bar is usually good on a SE wind and swell and gets chopped up in a NE, the Seaway could be the opposite.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Over floated round the mouth of it a number of times (with the engine in idle) throwing lures. I think conditions have to be fairly bad before it’s a problem. It’s a fairly deep bar so there’s no breaking waves.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Thought you were going to link to the seaway surf cam as below but it's out of action ATM

https://www.vmrsouthport.com.au/surfcam/
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell