Thread: Quick report

Quick report

Quick Went out with mate for a quick flick this morning. Got a nice 60cm flattie early on then managed to drop 3 more, all over 50. The rest were rats from 30 - 37cm. They were not overly keen but especially once the tide turned and the dirty fresh started running.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Re: Quick report

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Quick Went out with mate for a quick flick this morning. Got a nice 60cm flattie early on then managed to drop 3 more, all over 50. The rest were rats from 30 - 37cm. They were not overly keen but especially once the tide turned and the dirty fresh started running.

thanks for the report..... flicking ? SP's, bait ?

I am now semi retired, so with some advance warning, I can jump in as a deckie for those offshore, quick trips

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Blog Entries

Usual spots Sam? Has things picked up or has that new bar screwed things up for flattys?

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Usual spots Sam? Has things picked up or has that new bar screwed things up for flattys?
    Best was between the Lions Park and the nthn entry of the islands. Next best was directly opposite Bells Creek. There was only about a 15 min window at each spot, elsewhere was pretty dead, no bait being chased with one exception, no prawns skipping even the mullet were not around.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    thanks for the report..... flicking ? SP's, bait ?

I am now semi retired, so with some advance warning, I can jump in as a deckie for those offshore, quick trips

LP
    Flicking SP's, all inshore as I've sold the Allison and only have the little tinnie left. Was going to buy another boat but my daughters dog went missing so had to go looking for the dog rather than the boat, needless to say I missed out.

Went out again today and they were slower still, all rats, the biggest 39cm, lost my Mojoe's. Mate got 3 very nice grunter around the 38cm mark but only on the speculator (trailing rig), these went to another mate who's not well ATM.
    Thomas Sowell

Too close to the moon..... give it another 24 - 48 hours

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Too close to the moon..... give it another 24 - 48 hours

LP
    Gotta go when you can, today was the only day available to me this week and I'm fully retired.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    I think you fished them all out before moving north....

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    I think you fished them all out before moving north....
    He must have, he had a few donuts before he left.
    How have you been keeping waggs. NB, sold my Allison before Xmas and the seas offshore here have been damn good. Kind of missing it.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    He must have, he had a few donuts before he left.
    How have you been keeping waggs. NB, sold my Allison before Xmas and the seas offshore here have been damn good. Kind of missing it.
    Not too bad Sam. Work this year has been super slow. I've had a couple of issues with my boat/motor - could have been very bad if not noticed.
    I have discussed with a few people about downsizing to a 5m side console for more family friendly fishing, but need quite a few duck in that row.