Thread: Brisbane river and bay

Brisbane river and bay

Fished the river and bay today for 2 grinders and a fowl hook mini gar lost my only slug on the first drop at the measured mile lost a lure southen end of mud island my garmin gps took me over the gateway bridge and the water temps were 27.8 and to top it off got home and opened up some new duel flushing muffs only the have one side break off and could not see any Threadfin or tuna and Pinkenba boat ramp needs to be shut it’s a horrible ramp when retrieving by your self wind tide waves from boats that’s th end of my salt water report.

PS it was very hot too.

Re: Brisbane river and bay

At least you got out, I had some urgent jobs to do today and thought I'd get out tomorrow, then had a look at the weather, very blowy for the next few days.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Yer the next few day are a bit blowy,good luck with getting out.

Chris you did well to solo launch and retrieve at Pinkenba.

I used that ramp last month for the first time in about 20 years and you're right it is absolute rubbish.

It would be very easy to swamp a boat there with all the ship bow waves breaking on the ramp.

I'll stick to Nudgee boat ramp from now on.

I don't have any problems with the Pinky ramp solo launch or retrieve.
    I just make sure I am mid tide or higher or the bottom of the tide.
    You do have to keep an eye on bow waves from the tangalooma boats and the pilots....
    It does have a handy cross current for temp mooring.

If anything it does need a dredge out either side of the ramp for all tide access.

It is my preferred ramp for the port and Mud Island.
    Jack.