Thread: Boat Prices

Boat Prices

Is it just me or have New and Second hand boat prices soared ??..

Re: Boat Prices

I think the sub 5mtr boats are ridiculously priced at the moment but in the 6 t 8 meter range there are some awesome deals about. Im thinking the cost of fuel, increased mortgages and bighp outboards dont go hand in hand.

I could have bought 4 or 5 boats this week if I had the dosh....lol

CV19 caused huge price rises in ally, resin then the Ukraine war didn't help. I know those prices kept increasing around 3 to 4 times a year. Mate Al couldn't believe the last price for his resin.
    2nd hand boats have come down a bit as mortgage increase hits. Have found my next boat but need to sell at least my biggest one first and it'll be gone before that happens, unfortunately. If I had spare $50k it would be sitting in my driveway now.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Trouble is if i sold mine to upgrade and then couldnt find one at reasonable price ide be without lol.
    Whats more the Seajay handles as good as my last 6mtery did offshore.

I had a look in the Perth boat show a couple of weeks ago. The two most ridiculous boat prices I saw were
    - a stabicraft 1550 side console with I think 70hp (maybe only 60, can’t remember) for $79,990. That’s for a 4.8m open boat with very basic console.
    - genesis 4.9m tiller steer with 90hp for $94,000

Ausfish Platinum Member

We're upgrading our little tinny, want to go to a plate version, so same as when we bought our big boat recently, done a lot of shopping around.
    Obviously there's not too many manufacturers of little plate boats, especially as I want one of the extreme off-road trailers as well. I got down to two brands in the end and spent time with both going over layout and options etc.
    When I received the quotes, I nearly fell over. I was expecting it to be 'up there' but one of them was what would have to be classed as bloody ridiculous.

I'm not going to mention the other manufacturer but we've gone with Aluvan in SEQ. If you want to have a look at the video of one being made, have a look at Sammy Hitzke Fishing on the tube, couple of months ago now. It's a 4.2m Razor. Basically the same as the one built for Sammy with a few of our own touches on it, and going for the same motor as well.

The one that blew me away money wise was $87k, and that's no electronics, so would be well over $100k... for a 4.2m boat... damn, couldn't believe it. I then had a chat with him and explained that that was ludicrous to spend that sort of money on a 4.2m tinny, he told me it was a plate boat, not a tinny, and was surprised that I was surprised. Now I don't really hold back when it comes to buying what I want, but I'd love to know who can justify to themselves over a $100k for 'tinny'.

Anyway, ours is now in line and we should be looking at a February handover, then I can start to deck it out, I'll start another thread for that one, hopefully will be in time for the brushless Minn Kota's, or I'm keen to look further into the Garmin Kracken.
    Cheers
    Corry

All mad lol , cant work a trend or reason for some prices and not to mention the false adds where they show a Boat (New) fitted out and when one enquies they say n"NO" thats just for the Boat n trailer . Fitted out costs more lol.

They have followed the inflation trend like everyone else.....
    I was shocked driving past a Haval dealership this afternoon and something about the size of a Corolla was nearly $97k......it must have a crapper and a bidet!
    Jack.

I ordered a new boat 18 months ago.

Bare hull price jumped from $45k to 65k in the space of one order to the next during covid. Even then the builder says that barely makes him any money.
    builder says material costs have sky rocketed.
    Aswell as severe labour shortage. he has to pay his guys tons more money to keep them.

House prices have gone up 30% since covid. boats likely more being less supply.

This is the new normal I feel going forward.

Having said that,
    Seeing the price of new 6-7m boats now is staggering.
    I've no idea who can afford let alone be happy to pay $240,000 for a your stock 685 cruise craft or similar haines etc.
    its ludicrous .

It's like electricity, every time I see on the news, it's gone up 15%. Very misleading, 15% over what time. I'm currently being charged well over 100% on 12 months ago and the temerity of the current supplier is that on their bill they tell me that and then give me advice on how to save yet I've been using less.
    I can understand the small guys struggling, I did have a quote from Aluvan 18 months ago and thought it was high snd didn't go ahead, it's a lot higher now.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

A lot of nice second hand boats coming through now at way better prices than 2 years ago , Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Ausfish Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    A lot of nice second hand boats coming through now at way better prices than 2 years ago , Matt
    Sure is, I'd been looking for over a year, wasn't keen on paying and waiting for a new boat with what they were asking, wasn't that we couldn't afford it, I couldn't justify the $$ they were asking. Waiting then got us our near new Cruise Craft for what we figured was a great deal, especially for something with under 200hrs on it, and the 360's were rare enough as it was.
    Cheers
    Corry