Thread: Fuse size for a 2000w inverter

Fuse size for a 2000w inverter

Ok bought a 2000w inverter and i was wondering what size fuse to put in my line from the battery to the inverter so far ive seen 200amp and 250 amp so im not sure what one to buy my battery will be 230amp lithium with 250amp bms.

Re: Fuse size for a 2000w inverter

200amps I'd say.
    But would you need a fuse?
    The inverter would have protection, and the bms would too wouldn't it?
    You're basically protecting the cable with a fuse.
    What are you running off the inverter?
    Size the fuse to pair with the load, but use a restetable circuit breaker

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe try finding a good 175amp breaker?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Yer in the manual there’s no fuse from battery to inverter but in others there’s is so I just thought throw caution to the wind and put one in apparently it’s just to protect the cable I don’t thing I’ll be maxing it out.

I originally thought 2000w - 12 v is 166 amps rufflly so yer 175 close or 200 .

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Yer in the manual there’s no fuse from battery to inverter but in others there’s is so I just thought throw caution to the wind and put one in apparently it’s just to protect the cable I don’t thing I’ll be maxing it out.

I originally thought 2000w - 12 v is 166 amps rufflly so yer 175 close or 200 .
    that cable is likely to be fairly short isn’t it? No harm in oversizing those cables to a breaker and from breaker to the inverter. You wouldn’t want to be seeing amps rising any more than necessary as the voltage drops at the battery through cable losses. Many inverters will start to derate the wattage output as voltage drops too.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Oldie but a goldie.
    We had something similar in one of the exchanges back in the day...I should have snaffled it when the empire fell...images (6).jpg

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    Oldie but a goldie.
    We had something similar in one of the exchanges back in the day...I should have snaffled it when the empire fell...images (6).jpg

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk