Thread: Got some new gear

Ausfish Platinum Member

Got some new gear

So I finally bit the bullet last weekend, found a local tackle shop that I'm happy to donate enough coin to become a part owner in and bought some new gear.
    Since we got the new boat the other week I figured I should shout me some new gear to go with it. Now we have the ability to get out wider, I'm keen to get in and chase some bigger stuff.

To start with I was looking for some new jigging set ups, for this I went for the Diawa Lexa and matched it to an Oceans Legacy Elementus rod, this one is PE3 and got a PE4 on the way with the same real.

Next was something to chase some GT's and bigger stuff with, ended up with the Diawa Saltiga 14000, matched with a Zenaq rod. I'll give them a go this weekend and see how I like it before getting another one with a slightly different rod.

All I gotta do now is pray for the weather gods, we're off to our beach house at Seaforth (QLD) this week for 4 days, so if the chance arrives, we'll hit the water and see what happens.

Oh yeah, ended up with a bucket full of lures too, couldn't work out which ones I liked, so ended up with a heap of Nomad Riptide and Madscad stickbaits. Lets see how long they last
    Cheers
    Corry

Re: Got some new gear

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post
    So I finally bit the bullet last weekend, found a local tackle shop that I'm happy to donate enough coin to become a part owner in and bought some new gear.
    Since we got the new boat the other week I figured I should shout me some new gear to go with it. Now we have the ability to get out wider, I'm keen to get in and chase some bigger stuff.

To start with I was looking for some new jigging set ups, for this I went for the Diawa Lexa and matched it to an Oceans Legacy Elementus rod, this one is PE3 and got a PE4 on the way with the same real.

Next was something to chase some GT's and bigger stuff with, ended up with the Diawa Saltiga 14000, matched with a Zenaq rod. I'll give them a go this weekend and see how I like it before getting another one with a slightly different rod.

All I gotta do now is pray for the weather gods, we're off to our beach house at Seaforth (QLD) this week for 4 days, so if the chance arrives, we'll hit the water and see what happens.

Oh yeah, ended up with a bucket full of lures too, couldn't work out which ones I liked, so ended up with a heap of Nomad Riptide and Madscad stickbaits. Lets see how long they last

Kallorissika for the new gear and sure they will servr you well especially the Lexa , have two of them myself and cant praise them enough..
    As for the weather Gods?? we are all doing the same dance for them lol..

Re: Got some new gear

Quote Originally Posted by Corry View Post

Now you just have to build your mussels up to crank those stick baits and fight those big tervers,have fun.