Hi everyone, it’s been some time since I’ve been out to my old fishing grounds off Moreton Island. I gave it a crack a couple of weeks ago on the new moon and fished from dawn until dark. It was great to get out on the open ocean again and I sounded around for some new areas in a bit closer to the island. 50-60m line.
I managed to pull a school Mackerel over the side while float lining for snapper which was a nice way to break the ice. I was quite impressed with 2 new isolated spots I found. One looked to be loaded with Jewfish but not on the bite and the other had a heap of Pearlies that came on the bite at moon set but mostly produced undersized fish. I hoped a livie would produce better quality or a big cod but I ended up with a big shark boat side after a lot of effort to pull it up from 60m.
The fish shut down after the shark so we headed out to my usual marks in 70-90m of water. I managed to boat a couple of nice snapper and pearlies before the fish came on the bite for sunset. We had done good hookups with the best snapper going 69cm but unfortunately my mates plastics outfit couldn’t turn the fish. After loosing a couple then getting sharked the fish shut down so we headed home in the dark.
Great day out and planning my next trip out shortly. I’ll keep you posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk