Thread: NS amped rebuild

NS amped rebuild

WIN_20230625_16_41_55_Pro.jpgWIN_20230625_16_41_44_Pro.jpgWIN_20230625_16_42_40_Pro.jpg

NS Blackhole 10to20lb rebuild from new the guides are only Size 5 at the tip and back from there just to small for a 10to20lb stick so i upgraded to to size 7 tip and put double foot guides all the way throught as ive not built anything for a long time my flex coat epoxy was a bit yellow when i did a test mix so i looked around and found some blue marble powders that id bought many years ago and never used it before, ive mixed other pigments in epoxy before but never this marble powder and i think it matched the rods windcheck and accsent wrap up from the foregrip.

I hate wrapping unsanded blanks it a bit harder to wrap and burnish so getting a nice finish and is hard when wrapping over a stripped blank too so the pigments makes things easier to get a nicer finish

I used fuji Kw frazlite's double foot guides which have smaller feet than the single foot guides which makes the bindings a little longer too cover up the marks on the blank when the other guides are taken off, cost about $85 for 9 guides and 2 tips and postage, i always buy a spare tip.

Im going to use a tranx300 on it .

Re: NS amped rebuild

Ya done good mate , nothing better than a refreshed rod ey.
    I had an old 7'.2 Ugly stick changed from spin to overhead with new guides all the way through as well as lay some feather inlays and tested for the first time yesterday chasing lippers and was a treat to use ..

Re: NS amped rebuild

The sad tale of two NS Blackhole snapper S-711Mh rods.
    Ive recently got into rod repair and re guided some old favorites, My son and I both had the same ns rods, I highsticked mine and broke at the top third, he stood back on his and broke the bottom third, they sat there unloved for a while then I thought why not? did some measuring and realized, I can make one good rod out of these !, cut them up, made a ferrul from one of the blanks, reel seat glued all together, then wrapped and epoxied the join, came up bloody good, no noticeable difference in action and good enough for a squid rod.
    Matched it with orphaned reel and off to Western Port, caught some squid with it, "and then it happened" was busting off a snag with another outfit, its line under and across the bottom of the NS in the rod holder, line went ping rod goes up belts the NS up and out of the holder and Gone.
    Oh well the best 6 hours of its new life