Thread: Quickie through new Bribie bar

Quickie through new Bribie bar

Thanks to AF member for some starter points.

We managed to find Lancers, Rock Cod, Parrot, Maori Cod and the Red Emperor nursery.

Crossed the bar 15 minutes before high tide, all good, some residual swell from previous days.

Back over the bar at 12.15... 1.5 hours before low. Bit of swell and jeez , doesn't that water rush out through the passage ?

We got a feed.... couple of random photos here abouts. \

LP
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7499.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	126833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7485.jpg 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	126832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7482.jpg 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	126834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mal parrot.jpg 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	126835  
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Quickie through new Bribie bar

Good old Caloundra fish, if you were getting them your bait was getting to the bottom. At least you got out.
    I was down at the ramp just after 12:15pm but I didn't see your DMax there.
    I spoke to a couple of boats that came in around 1pm and thry only managed 1 snapper,1 cod and 1 flathead, seems a quiet day. Heaps of boats heading out around 4pm, new moon sunday, i think so evening fish should come on the chew. was just coming in from a fish in the Passage as I had to come in to deal with a person suffering severe depression else would have stayed out.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

[QUOTE=Dignity;1703285]Good old Caloundra fish, if you were getting them your bait was getting to the bottom. At least you got out.
    I was down at the ramp just after 12:15pm but I didn't see your DMax there............ ><>

Well I was there.............. photo below taken just after I retrieved the tinnie was taken at 12.28. So probably pulled up at the ramp 12.15 - 12.20 .... the car is parked opposite the toilets...

I tried drifting, and got fish, but ended up anchoring. There was plenty of run to start with, but by 10ish, it had backed off considerably.

Huge flocks of birds working around the outside of the bar and north.

We had a short stop at the Coffee Rock on the way back.... but nudda !..... Obviously a night time spot...

Maybe next time I'll drop livies out near the Grassie spot...

LP
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5210.jpg 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	126836  
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

[QUOTE=Lucky_Phill;1703296]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Good old Caloundra fish, if you were getting them your bait was getting to the bottom. At least you got out.
    I was down at the ramp just after 12:15pm but I didn't see your DMax there............ ><>
    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post

Well I was there.............. photo below taken just after I retrieved the tinnie was taken at 12.28. So probably pulled up at the ramp 12.15 - 12.20 .... the car is parked opposite the toilets...

I tried drifting, and got fish, but ended up anchoring. There was plenty of run to start with, but by 10ish, it had backed off considerably.

Huge flocks of birds working around the outside of the bar and north.

We had a short stop at the Coffee Rock on the way back.... but nudda !..... Obviously a night time spot...

Maybe next time I'll drop livies out near the Grassie spot...

LP
    It was 12:15 when I last checked the time but it could have been 30 mins later when I got to the ramp. With a leccy you can set up a very slow drift but generally in the areas you fished no weights at all but if a fair bit of run then a tiny pea sinker and for some reason dead fresh yakkas is the key to the big grassies as they'll rarely take a livie and even the snapper like them. Was there much bait around?
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell