Thread: Offshore Caloundra 6-7 May

Offshore Caloundra 6-7 May

Gday guys, just a quick report from the weekend. Left Caloundra 6.00am Saturday heading deep. Stopped to jig some livies and they were plentiful. Headed to the 60m area to try for a pearly and ended up with one only. Headed east to 230m - 250m area and got 1 nice cod only. Headed slightly south on a similar line and picked up 9 flames in pretty quick succession.
    Headed into wide Caloundra to sleep the night and picked up a few snapper and pearlies before bed. Headed east again early Sunday to try for a few more flames and got one only. Headed north to a similar area to Saturdays cod spot and picked up 5 more nice cod before pulling the pin about 10.00am. Great weather all weekend.

Cheers
    LeeAttachment 126778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8218.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	126783
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1683512129.077167.jpg 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	126779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1683512170.832763.jpg 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	126780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1683512191.192984.jpg 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	126781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1683512242.967774.jpg 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	126782

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Offshore Caloundra 6-7 May

Very nice haul, worth the effort.
    Never had any Flame on the plate, are they as good as they say?

On the side, on a fishing site, no replies to this in over 3 days but a voice to parliament thread running hot is quite sad....

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    Very nice haul, worth the effort.
    Never had any Flame on the plate, are they as good as they say?

On the side, on a fishing site, no replies to this in over 3 days but a voice to parliament thread running hot is quite sad....
    Lots of likes though.

I guess I'm guilty of not posting as I'd already seen the pics and spoken to Lee. No excuse for it.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

No issues Deezer, I am just trying to keep something interesting on here.
    Yeh I ate some flame the second night after getting home and certainly top shelf when it comes to fish. In saying that, just about any fish is nice when it’s fresh. I’ll try some after freezing it to really be a test. For me, the old tusk fish takes some beating. I rate it as good as any and relatively easy to catch and still quite plentiful.

I hope your feeling better again Sam.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

pretty good haul there - nice to see someone getting out

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO