Thread: New prop design

New prop design

The sparrow prop .

Re: New prop design

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    The sparrow prop .
    All these miracle props have yet to set the world on fire, outrageous claims are found to be "rigged" for testing........

and only $13K each for a stainless prop.....

Plenty of other applications have investigated and trialled this design, none have taken it up as mainstream selection yet.
    Drones are not committing to it yet.
    Planes are not considering it.
    High speed duct fans can not commit to it.

If the boat props claim is true for efficiency and power, there would be lots of EOM units in play now.

The design and concept is not new and highly investigated.
    Jack.

There are reports on US forums that people who have bought Sharrows and been disappointed with their performance have been required to sign NDAs before Sharrow will work with them on an improved setup. I reckon that says all that needs be said.

When they start comparing a 5 blade prop as a standard prop for comparison then you know they're telling porkies.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Well at least it gave everyone something to complain about 😂 I just thought it was interesting but how wrong was I.

;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d

I thought this was raised a while ago on this forum but it may have been on AA and as Jack says no one has really taken it on. It seems like it requires to be designed individually for each customer.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Well at least it gave everyone something to complain about  I just thought it was interesting but how wrong was I.
    It is interesting, but, the theory/concept/design has been in use for quite some time now, and no one has taken it on, apparently Yamaha bought into it, but as yet, it's still just hype and a possible maybe. Almost every test has been proven to be a setup to twist the result to make the numbers look good.