Thread: sunny coast sunday

sunny coast sunday

Heading out Sunday,,, weather is stupidly good.

Somewhere around Close - Wide Caloundra.

Going to cross the new bar for the first time....

cheers
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: sunny coast sunday

Take notes I’m thinking it’s not much of a bar crossing at the moment pics would be nice I’ve only seen it from Golden beach .

I'm also heading out tomorrow morning but be aware as the Power Boat Club ramp is basically the only usable ramp it will be busy. There were about 15 boats lined up this morning before daybreak and you couldn't park in the trailer parking is due to the lineup.
    Barely a scale was raised out there, the radio chatter was full of disappointment being expressed.
    Bar should be flat.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I'm also heading out tomorrow morning but be aware as the Power Boat Club ramp is basically the only usable ramp it will be busy. There were about 15 boats lined up this morning before daybreak and you couldn't park in the trailer parking is due to the lineup.
    Barely a scale was raised out there, the radio chatter was full of disappointment being expressed.
    Bar should be flat.
    The tides are big at the moment,there would be a lot of run out there,so you can’t use the bells creek boat ramp???.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    The tides are big at the moment,there would be a lot of run out there,so you can’t use the bells creek boat ramp???.
    Bells Creek has silted right up, I had trouble with the tinny a month ago at low tide. It's only usable half tide up and not wirh a boat of any size.
    I did go out today, plenty of boats lining up at 4:30am, we struggled for our few fish, we got lots of Pearlies all about 35cm, bigger models just not around. There wasn't much current out there, I was kind of wishing I'd not gone with my gut and gone to the Hards. Thats fishing though.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Thanks guys,

Arrived at the ramp at 4.25am..... car park half full. Talked to a couple of people and eventually got someone I could follow over the bar. Not much light about.

Headed 10 k's SSE. Lots of small squire, lancer,, even a legal Hussar, which was returned.

Then boated a good Moses. Put a whole yakka on my 2 gang 3/0 paternosta and bazinger. 10 minutes later, nice Gold Spot.

That's a feed for me, so pulled the pin and was back at the ramp by 9am.

I plotted marks back through the bar, but it will change.

The few people I talked to at the ramp used to launch at Moo'bar.... but obviously this is better for Cal Wide fishers etc.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks guys,

Arrived at the ramp at 4.25am..... car park half full. Talked to a couple of people and eventually got someone I could follow over the bar. Not much light about.

Headed 10 k's SSE. Lots of small squire, lancer,, even a legal Hussar, which was returned.

Then boated a good Moses. Put a whole yakka on my 2 gang 3/0 paternosta and bazinger. 10 minutes later, nice Gold Spot.

The few people I talked to at the ramp used to launch at Moo'bar.... but obviously this is better for Cal Wide fishers etc.

cheers
    That Codhead makes nice Psarrosoupa mate !!..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks guys,

cheers
    I got left the ramp at 4:15am and must have just missed you. Glad you had a good time and weather was mint for you.
    Thomas Sowell

Phill, the area on your sounder is an area I haven't fished for a couple of years. It is good in wintertime if you can get out before the sun rises and float your pillies/yakkas without any weights for the snapper although we mostly used SP's in those shallow areas.
    If you're going again let me know and I'll get you some marks.
    Thomas Sowell