Thread: Cape Moreton fast fish

Cape Moreton fast fish

Gday guys, looking to hit the cape for a troll on Saturday to see if there is any fast fish out there. Will just be trolling skirts for the morning. I am sure there will be more boats than fish but I’ll still have a crack.
    Anybody heard if there is much around.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Cape Moreton fast fish

Good luck just remember to throw back any Spanish Mackerel but if you get a Wahoo then keep it. There were mahi mahi around before the rough weather, haven't heard anything since.

Thanks Sam, I will try to avoid the Spanish. A mahi mahi would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Most pelagics seem to bite better up to and around the top of the tide, the Spanish Mackerel in particular go off the boil in the areas you are going to and move north to the Barwon Banks areas. I wonder if other pelagics do something similar.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Most pelagics seem to bite better up to and around the top of the tide, the Spanish Mackerel in particular go off the boil in the areas you are going to and move north to the Barwon Banks areas. I wonder if other pelagics do something similar.
    Tuna feed into the wind when the tide slows as they feed into the current when the tide is flowing like most pelagic would I think.

Thats one species of fish I have never caught and that's a good tuna for sushi. I'm 64 now, hopefully before I turn 70 I might.