Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little road trip (destination advice)

Re: A little road trip (destination advice)

Hi Chris

I've been for a drive on Pindari around 7 years ago, it was just a quick look one day while we were fishing Copeton. I remember it having quite a bit of structure, rocky shoreline and drowned timber. There were a lot of steep edges. It was a fairly high-water level at that time. We didn't fish much, just drove around looking.

There was an old Fishing DVD, the ones John Haenke used to produce I think, it had Carl Jocumsen fishing Pindari. They were catching yellow belly and small cod casting hard up against the bank around the timber. Probably worth a go, doubt you would have many problems with pond lice there.

When are you heading to Mondy? I got a few barra there 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
    Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyfish View Post
    Hi Chris

I've been for a drive on Pindari around 7 years ago, it was just a quick look one day while we were fishing Copeton. I remember it having quite a bit of structure, rocky shoreline and drowned timber. There were a lot of steep edges. It was a fairly high-water level at that time. We didn't fish much, just drove around looking.

There was an old Fishing DVD, the ones John Haenke used to produce I think, it had Carl Jocumsen fishing Pindari. They were catching yellow belly and small cod casting hard up against the bank around the timber. Probably worth a go, doubt you would have many problems with pond lice there.

When are you heading to Mondy? I got a few barra there 2 weeks ago.

Thanks
    Shaun
    Thanks Shaun

We will be heading to Mondy - the day after boxing day

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ok, I'm trying to get up there this weekend so I will miss you. Good luck mate.

Ok, I'm trying to get up there this weekend so I will miss you. Good luck mate.
    Any tips - I hear the place has been a bit of a struggle of late

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I will give you an update after the weekend.

Hi Chris,

I didn't make it up there last weekend. Trip before I found fish up the back of Bird and B. I found the fish fairly spread out. I got the occasional hit during the day but the best bite was just before dark, once it got dark I stopped marking. Hardbodies worked better for me than plastics, with lots of pauses. The catties liked it too! Marked a few fish out in the basin, there were a few boats out there trolling but I didn't see anyone catch any fish. Thermocline hadn't established at that stage. Water temp was around 28c, might be a little higher now.

Thanks

Hi Chris,

I didn't make it up there last weekend. Trip before I found fish up the back of Bird and B. I found the fish fairly spread out. I got the occasional hit during the day but the best bite was just before dark, once it got dark I stopped marking. Hardbodies worked better for me than plastics, with lots of pauses. The catties liked it too! Marked a few fish out in the basin, there were a few boats out there trolling but I didn't see anyone catch any fish. Thermocline hadn't established at that stage. Water temp was around 28c, might be a little higher now.

Thanks
    Appreciate that info ...... ta

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

How did the road trip go?