Thread: Fitzroy this weekend

Fitzroy this weekend

Hi all

This is the forecast for Fitzroy this weekend. Thinking of heading up with either my 13 yo daughter or 10 yo son (or both).

Would be first trip in new (to me) boat. Anybody else thinking of heading up for safety in numbers?
    Forecast.jpg
    Mark

Re: Fitzroy this weekend

At those forecasts you will be fairly safe in most boats.
    Reliability might be your biggest concern if the boat is 2nd hand.
    Jack.

Thanks Jack. Agree. It is a 5 year old Yamaha 4 stroke from a dealer that comes with a 3 month warranty. Have been out 3 times in it with problems. So fairly hopeful on the reliability front but not guaranteed.

Hope the forecast stays like that but probably means every man and his dog will be there!

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks the goods to me mate.

I wouldn’t worry about safety in numbers as I’m sure with that forecast there will be plenty of other’s out with you.

look forward to seeing a report mate.👍
    Matilda

Tempted to go to Turkey Beach to launch even though a little bit further out and little bit further drive to avoid some of the rush at the ramp given will be launching and retrieving by myself.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby_III View Post
    Tempted to go to Turkey Beach to launch even though a little bit further out and little bit further drive to avoid some of the rush at the ramp given will be launching and retrieving by myself.
    If you’re doing day trips and coming back in each day, I’d do Turkey. I’ve always been reluctant to leave the car and trailer overnight there.

I’ve never had an issue leaving the car and trailer at 1770 on extended trips.

When I retrieve at the 1770 ramp solo I don’t bother queuing for the pontoon in busy times. I Just beach it between Ruth and Phil’s place and the boat ramp then hand hand retrieve.
    Matilda