Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Project Hornet

Re: Project Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I agree finding the right SS staples in this day and age is a nightmare. BTW Monel is mostly Nickle with copper plus a few other minerals.
    Nightmare OK ....... a dozen stores & half a dozen phone calls over the past couple of weeks - called into Blackwoods the other day when I was in the area. The bloke actually knew shit - & pointed me in the right direction.

66% Nickel & 33% Copper (on the pack)

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Project Hornet

Well , that was another weekend spent working on "Project Hornet" & I'm at least starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel . It's turned into much more than what I anticipated but me being me wanted the boat to be how I wanted it to be & if there was an issue - the 3 Rs ( resolve / repair or replace) .

The front cast deck has been replaced (a reasonable job)

Dual Batteries all wired in with a VSR arrangement & this allowed me to run new wiring to a new bus / fuse + breaker for the added electronics (Fusion stereo , Lowrance VHF radio , HDS16 Live) added USB charging & 12 volt socket.

Power run to the main hatch - This is where the Minn Kota batteries live both with their own 25amp Victron blue smart charger . This is also where the black box for the Active target lives . . Unfortunately I've pretty well lost this storage area to electronics (you'll probably be able to put a couple of inflatable life jackets & spray jacket in there .... but that would be it. So I guess the 2 live well will get used for storage ( tackle trays)

The one thing that I've done that I'm pretty stoked about is add some spotlights - A novel approach which works a treat ....... I'll reveal it later in the week with some photo's - very cool

If everything goes to plan - the couple hours I spend after work each day should see the boat completed & ready for a run on the weekend .
    Now it's wire in the Active Target , tidy up the wiring , wire in the NMEA 2000 & add the new VDO multifunction gauge - Tidy up the loom from the motor & screw the back cast deck down .

The last thing is to give her a cut & polish - then put on the new REGO stickers ......hopefully ready for a reveal on Thursday.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO