Good day,

I have done so many searches, and scrolled though forums and Facebook and wherever I find a link that could contain some info...

But it feels like I'm still nowhere...

Some background:
I'm from South Africa and we fished of a Jetski in South Africa... We have immigrated to Aus about 10 months ago, and I now want to continue the hobby/sport...

We live in Canberra, so it seems that my best place to start would be Batemans Bay, but I can't seem to find any info RE offshore fishing at Batemans.

I normally trawl 80-90% of the time, targeting pelagic fish... I don't mind going out up to about 30-35km on a perfect calm day (I have a range on my ski of about 180km with the built-in long-range tank).

So, I'm looking for info on trawling from Batemans Bay, and then also some marks for some good bottom fishing spots while I'm out there. I also want to target sailfish and marlin once I get to know the area/waters better, but for now, I'm after some good info.

I even considered going out with a charter to familiarize myself, but then which charter would be recommended?

My main target now would be Tuna, Mackerel, Wahoo, Dolphin Fish (Dorado/Mahi Mahi) etc.

What weather app are you guys using to keep track of weather ahead of time and before launching? In South Africa, I used to use WindGuru and Windy... Not sure what the preferred app is here in Aus? (I have so much to catch up on).

Please feel free to contact me via PM if you don't want to share your "secrets" and spots on a public forum

Thanks guys... any and all info will be much appreciated.