Thread: day trip SEQ

day trip SEQ

Too much to write about, but with a few " issues " out of the way... good day out and probably the last time the Colodaro sees the sand as me as the owner.

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: day trip SEQ

For those that have time... here's a novel;;;

Late night call for a “ phill day “ on Thursday, check tides all good, the plan is to head to the lagoon at Double Island Point via Teewah Beach and the Leisha Track departing Brisvegas at 6am. As usual, I woke at 5.14am , pee pee, dressed, pack and went.

First port of call I thought should be the servo at Wild Horse Mountain which has a HJ’s attached. Yep, fuel up, move Collie and head into HJ’s for breakfast. Couple of people there and of course the IT self serve screens are cactus, so I go out and back into servo to get cuppa there…… “ out of order “…. Of course you are coffee machine . I go back to HJ’s and order at the counter. “ Can I please have a Big Brekky Wrap and large white tea “.

Yep, all good, pay and CoC hands me receipt.. mmm says Big Brekky wrap, Hash Brown medium tea with splash skim milk ???? More people come in ordering their “ I’ll die if I don’t have a coffee , coffee “. Time goes bye, several coffees made, more people come in, time goes by… CoC calling out numbers,,,, about 15 minutes in I see a cup of tea placed on the counter by the “ barista”. Ah ha,,, this could be me…. waiting for meal….. waiting,, waiting… bang on 30 minutes, I approach the counter,, talk to barista about “ how’s my meal going ? “. He calls out to CoC, she says… “ oh “… Not sure, but I reckon someone collected it after being placed on the counter as they went up to get their coffee……

. Anyhoo, CoC says, I’ll just get that for you….. 3 minutes later she arrives with meal bag… 1 x Big Brekky Wrap, 2 x Hash Browns and then a medium tea ( yes, has milk in it ). Question, is 33 minutes too long to wait for “ fast food “ and more importantly, should I have turned around and headed home on the strength of this omen and how the day would pan out ? Ok, headed off up the highway, but need to plug in street name for ferry access, and unsure of suburb ? Tewantin, Noosa North Shore ???? anyway, after screaming at GPS, it offers me an address on Noosa North Shore, I press OK, then it tells me there is no street number… fine, “ just freaking navigate, I’ll sort it “. so arrive at ferry terminal, just as the ferry is departing to the other side. No worries, enjoy the view. Drive on and pay my $10 cash only.

Make my way up to the 3rd Cutting ( beach access ). Tyres aired down, freewheeling hubs locked in, ready. Entrance was easy, still in 2wd, up the beach in 2wd all the way the Leisha Track entrance. At this juncture I’d like to point out at the number of visually impaired people allowed to drive on the beach here. I mean, the speed limit signs are only a meter square and bloody obvious, but hey. Negotiate the track and onto Double Island Point beach and up to point, back track to sand spit and park. Nice small gutter in front, grab fishing rod, bait up hook, and cast towards perfect spot, but as luck would have it, a birds nest ensured. Back to the car, cut line, re-jig and back to spot X. cast, waiting,,, waiting…. Movement… yes……. Whiting hits the beach. Time for some drone work and a drinkie. I was going to head back to Brisvegas the way I came, but hatched a plan.

Took off north along the beach ( Rainbow Beach ) and into Rainbow Beach town, still heading north all the way to Inskip Point, where I could not get bogged, even if I tried. Followed some ferrets out to the barge, tuned around to be confronted by some folks digging in the track….. apparently looking for buried maxx traxx. Seems a couple of caravaners got well and truly…. getting off the barge. I drive around them, 4wd high range and back along the bitumen towards Rainbow again. Descended onto the beach , still in 2wd, ran the beach, Mudlow Rocks, The Sticks etc, back over Leisha Track and turned north towards the headland, where I was going to have lunch. All good, sandwich devoured and drone time. Beep Beep Beep… restricted area, maximum height 5mtrs. WTF ? I hoped to get some footage of the Lighthouse, but technology put paid to that

. Got some footage and back south. 3rd Cutting traversed , paid the ferry man…and stopped on bitumen to pump up tyres. Brand new compressor, press on… 3 seconds later… nudda… try again.. nudda. Swear / curse/ rant and rave. Kept going, then had brainwave, maybe I have blown a fuse in the canopy, but I have ando plug with Alligator clamps, I’ll hook up NEW compressor to under-bonnet battery. Yeah….. nah… Nudda. FFS. And even had the good fortune to lose a value cap. 2 x FFS. Drive quite a few k’s with about 18psi in tyres and get to servo, where rubbish collection truck is doing it’s thing and I can’t park behind it to access air pump, waiting,,, waiting,, waiting… yep, done. GPS ( Ghost Prick Spirit ) takes me all over the shop and eventually get back onto highway. At this time, I get a call from Brooke, “ hey dad can I use your car, mine won’t start, can you have a look at mine when you get home, I need a car for tomorrow and Saturday “. Started cruising home and then GPS cuts out, back on…. Out… on. WTF. Amazing the number of ferrets that think that 1.5 car space in front of you at 100kph is “ their opportunity “ to cut in, brake and then drive under speed…….. wiggled the traffic chaos and just after coming off south down the Sir Leo Hielscher Bridge ( Gateway Bridge )…………. Car Park.

Of course there are numerous NFI’s playing “ Frogga “….. I was hoping it would rain on the return journey to wash sand out of the Collie, but nah. Get home, unpack, hose out Collie, have cuppa and think, I better have a look at Brookes car, go outside, open door… starts pissing down rain, of course. That will have to wait. Downloaded all videos and photos.

Write a mini novel, but what is left out is 14,267 swear words, 3,755 “ why me’s ? “, 2,456 ” what the #### did I do’s.”. On the upside, I saw a very tired dog driving a truck, the weather got the forecast really wrong and it was a sunny to medium cloudy day with far less wind than predicted. Probably the last time Collie will see DI, The lagoon, Rainbow or Tewantin. It is not an easy “ tour “ to run the beach from Noosa, over Leisha, on to Rainbow and Inskip Point and back again in the same day as Mudlow Rocks , The Sticks are really exposed and claiming vehicle after vehicle. A Maverick Monday ? and yesterday, an F Truck. Seems tyre air pressure is not the only thing to decrease when one hits the beach……….. common-sense escapes as well.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: day trip SEQ

Used to do that same stuff there every other weekend.
    Used to be pleasant back then.
    Haven't been back for quite a few years.
    You just reminded me why.