Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After someone to help teach me fishing techniques (brisbane) $$

Re: After someone to help teach me fishing techniques (brisbane) $$

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Did the half pilly thing for years - but I tell you what ..... when I stepped up to using large whole (quality) pillies - the results & size improved significantly .
    Then it can be a whole nother level when you use dead 10" slimies - particularly when fishing shallow. The reality is that big snapper like big baits

Chris
    I have never had any luck with slimies i keep trying but no takers i usually use the fillets same with bonito nothing touches it for some reason, really hard tokeep even a whole pilly on the bottom unless i fish 10 meters depth, when i fish out in 60-70 meters cant even touch the bottom with a squid strip east coast current just rips the boat along

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I have never had any luck with slimies i keep trying but no takers i usually use the fillets same with bonito nothing touches it for some reason, really hard tokeep even a whole pilly on the bottom unless i fish 10 meters depth, when i fish out in 60-70 meters cant even touch the bottom with a squid strip east coast current just rips the boat along
    Whole slimmies are like jelly beans for snapper further north. Buy a decent drogue to slow you down on that drift.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I dont try fishing those depths for snapper - About 40 m is my deepest & I spotlock

If you are drifting you can't burley - then your snapper fishing is in the lap of the gods .

If you cant spotlock - anchor & burley (cubes of pilchards) - also try fishing shallower reefs

missed - big bait .jpg I've had some cracker sessions using baits like these .in less than 20m of water as big fish love to mooch around in the shallows around sunrise & sunset. . 72cm Crowdy Head Snapper.jpgThe fun continues (2).jpg

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I dont try fishing those depths for snapper - About 40 m is my deepest & I spotlock

If you are drifting you can't burley - then your snapper fishing is in the lap of the gods .

If you cant spotlock - anchor & burley (cubes of pilchards) - also try fishing shallower reefs

missed - big bait .jpg I've had some cracker sessions using baits like these .in less than 20m of water as big fish love to mooch around in the shallows around sunrise & sunset. . 72cm Crowdy Head Snapper.jpgThe fun continues (2).jpg

Chris
    Went out the other day, used the parachute to slow the drift and we burleyed in 65m. Also were getting 45cm yakkas in another location so used them for a nice snapper or two.
    Couldn't anchor as lost one in the same spot last time and nearly lost one the trip before. A pearlie I caught here had line with a 3/4lb snapper lead attached to my line, both covered in growth.
    Attached Images Attached Images