Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Formula 233 for sale facebook, NSW

Re: Formula 233 for sale facebook, NSW

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    you could sink a 100k into it with out blinking To a standard people here would expect

Just floating, moving and unseaworthy is not what most expect when they set to sea
    I couldn’t imagine it being done in a tradesman like manner if previous work is anything to go by , personally it’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t buy a glass boat especially one repaired in a backyard . My life and my families life is worth more than that ,especially when you see some of the garbage that is called seaworthy. Just because you think you can dosent mean you should do it
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Its all just the usual Gazza bullshit, lads...

He's just lonely and in need of a bit of man on man attention...

Must be not getting any bites on the USA forums..

I was looking at going down this path for a long time as I wanted something custom. I figured if I was going to go to all that time and expense, by the time all the materials added up and the time customising certain aspects was taken into account. It would be cheaper and faster to build a new boat from a mould and simply make the moulds for the custom parts I wanted. Hen I didn’t have to worry about rot and other issues with the known hulls at the time.

time will tell. Maybe some of our resident boat builders on the forum can set me straight.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I was looking at going down this path for a long time as I wanted something custom. I figured if I was going to go to all that time and expense, by the time all the materials added up and the time customising certain aspects was taken into account. It would be cheaper and faster to build a new boat from a mould and simply make the moulds for the custom parts I wanted. Hen I didn’t have to worry about rot and other issues with the known hulls at the time.

time will tell. Maybe some of our resident boat builders on the forum can set me straight.
    It is easier to build new from a mould, but you have to be able to lay your hands on a one.
    Assuming you can find one (unlikely), it must have providence. And if it is available for rent, why isn't it in production?
    That only leaves a bespoke design.
    Starting from scratch is a hideously expensive undertaking. The Naval architect alone will be thousands.
    And to build one boat, you have to build 3. One is the buck, the 2nd is the mould, the 3rd is the moulding which will become the boat.
    One offs can be done without a mould and cheaper, but not by much.
    Yes, it will need to be designed. It costs the same to build a 23' dud as it does to build a 23' champion...
    Lastly, you could try going the "Glen-L" (or similar) route. But the majority of those designs are over 50 years old. Infact, about the same vintage as the Formula 233!
    Last edited by giddyup58; 14-09-2022 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling mistake