Thread: Runaway Bay Land Based

Runaway Bay Land Based

Another weekend and another trip to Runaway Bay as this location has proven to be exceptionally consistent of late. Why change when you are on a bit of a roll. I started off with a bit of a look on Friday afternoon and early evening. I found quality bream in the afternoon on yabbies and worms, and plenty of undersized tailor again on whitebait. The best bream went 39cm, but alas I could not crack the 40 cm mark. I thought I might score some really good bream after dark, but while there was still bream there, they were smaller than they had been around dusk. I nabbed a few whiting as well and then gave myself an early mark as I was more focussed on taking little Max out the next day.

Saturday arrived and Max was dead keen. We started fishing in the early afternoon, and moved around a few locations before the wind dropped out and I moved back to where I got some fish the previous afternoon. The first four locations had proved to be fishless. It was getting late and a bit cold, but Max produced his best whiting to date, 39 cm and a bit over half a kilo. The fish came on thick and fast with a mix of solid bream and whiting. He was very proud that it was bigger than his dads.

Sunday was finished off with a feed of fresh fish and Max enjoyed his whiting and bream.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8133-1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	95636   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8143-1.jpg 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	95637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8150-1.jpg 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	95638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF8167-1.jpg 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	95639  

Re: Runaway Bay Land Based

Some people just have it I guess.

Are you sure that the 39cm bream was only half a kilo? Caught a 38cm not long back that went 1.6kg?

Hi MacDougall,

The whiting was over half a kilo. The bream was weighed in at a comp and pulled the scales to about 850 grams.

Awesome fishing mate! Young bloke woulda been wrapped!