Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vasard 7.5mtr Centre Cab

Re: Vasard 7.5mtr Centre Cab

Thanks guys, appreciate all the comments and info. Cant wait to get the bloody thing on the water, ah well, do it right first all the picky sh1t and I dont have to do it again

Ok, well I notice its been well over a year since I put anything here. Boat is still "in progress" as funds allow (wouldnt it be awesome to win Tattslotto?). Trailer is mostly done, just got to add guides along the side of the keel rollers to centre the boat. Then its onto priming/painting the trailer inside/out. The boat has been stripped pretty much bare, its going in for some minor floor repairs and a general tidying up/re-flowcoating of the floor. Plus filling all the holes I dont want. New higher bowrail. New bow sprit/anchor setup. And getting rid of all the light blue colour, going white top deck, dark/royal blue sides/transom, just from the chine to the rub rail. Been collecting alot of parts from the good folks at Ebay and Gumtree. Picked up a alloy T-Top (with fibreglass top) off something American off Gumtree, $500, absolute bargain. Solves my roof-raising problems and I think it looks awesome. Cant find a photo of that, i'll dig one up somewhere. Once the colour change/etc has been done, then its onto completely rewiring the whole boat cause the "rewiring" job that was done on it before I bought it was absolutely woeful and I wouldnt trust 10mm of it. Motor has been rebuilt properly, once again, unlike when I bought it and it was just "rebuilt", gotta assemble that. Um yeah, bout it really. Its been a slow process, but hey, it'll be all worth it in the end.

25-10-13 019.jpg25-10-13 018.jpg25-10-13 017.jpg25-10-13 006.jpg25-10-13 005.jpg

Looks great! Must be tough having such a horny looking rig you can't enjoy....yet.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Yeah its a bit annoying just having it sit there. But, do it right once the first time and I shouldnt have any dramas in the future.

well ????? 21/2 years later any progress or have you got too old to use it and go with mates instead

I did see a half cab one for sale at Bundy 18months to 2 years ago. It looked the goods. It had a diesel in it.

in Hervey bay now Smithy ,with a new Steyr in it but looking a bit dated and old inside and heavy at 3200 kgs with the trailer (minus fuel at a guess
    )plus as with ashleyj74 a bit of a project by the looks of it ,with $55 k on her .A reasonable.a stabi might be the go with those kind of dollars.

Wow 2 1/2 years, i'm on the ball with my Ausfish posting
    Ok, update, still not on the water. But it miiiiiiight look a little different to the last photos. These photos arent the newest, they're a few months old now (yes the overspray is gone). Gunwhale rubber is on, T-Top roof is on. Colour looks awesome, couldnt be happier. Theres probably101 things that have been done since my last update oh so long ago, but you cant rush these things . (apologies for the photos not loading as photos and only links, cant remember how I did that better?)

Attachment 113307Attachment 113308Attachment 113309Attachment 113310Attachment 113311

Love the boat mate, looking forward to the finished product, cant see your most recent pics though

Oh and on a related not, now I read back through this thread. Alots happend in 2 1/2 years. The almost 6 months off work without pay due to a broken ankle at home, good times. The basically 12 months it spent at a "mates" getting "fibreglass work" done on it and a not-so-small-bill to have it come back with holes "filled" with gelcoat repair filler (or that one awesome job of a broom stick cut off and shoved in one hole then a bit of sika then some car bog, quality ) plus a few other "repairs" not worth mentioning......cause everything that was done has had to be re-done properly. But, thats all in the past. Its now in the hands of a mate whos taken it to a whole new level (and properly filled 100+ holes in the top deck, ie : ground back and glassed..........not car bogged..........). Its been foam filled. The interior all ground back and re-flow coated so everything internal matches front to rear. Dash/helm area has been re-done. T-Top painted/fitted. Its now got a new gunnel rubber all round since these photos. But to say i'm happy with the current state of it would be the understatement of the year. Its now above and beyond anything I could've imagined

They dont even work to click on? Dammit, hang on i'll see if i can fix this

woah thats big haha. Ah bugger it, this way will do