Thread: What are your pots doing whilst your not looking?

What are your pots doing whilst your not looking?

A Gopro camera set up on a crab pot line watching the action.

I found it interesting and hope you do to.

Re: What are your pots doing whilst your not looking?

That was great. It's like an IQ test for crabs ... some work out how to get in some dont.

Cool vid. Interesting to see that if your bait is in reach from the outside of the trap then they don't go in to get it Shows how many are not caught in the traps compared to old style dillies too!

Very intereting that a good find thanks for the post. Next time the pots go out I will make sure the bait cant get out to the sides of the pot.
    Cheers Axl

Great footage,you must of sat on that pot to make sure no mongrel lifted your GoPro !

Fantastic!! But I bet you're spewing how many crabs didn't go in...LOL
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

some of those crabs could run the country i reckon, a free feed and not paying the price, also interesting almost all entered from only one end
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post
    Great footage,you must of sat on that pot to make sure no mongrel lifted your GoPro !
    i saw this video awhile back whilst looking for some stuff for Chop Jr,,,the actual vid was taken in the USA from memory,,, if you google the name of the video there are a few more that have been done in research on not only crabs but lobsters as well,,,,

good video tho',,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Did I see correctly? Looked like quite a few managed to escape. So you are better to check regularly?