Thread: North Pine Bass

North Pine Bass

Paddled the north pine below the dam from dawn this am. Picked up 9 bass in 3 hours, Nothing of any great size but a fairly constant procession. As always all fish returned.
    All fish on a jackall chubby deep ( mainly as I was too lazy to change and it seemed to be working)
    Took 4 fish on the troll. Good to see fisheries walking the bank too. There were a couple of large groups with 20l plastic buckets who may have been explaining themselves .
    Nice morning out and a pb(numbers) to boot.
    Brendan

Re: North Pine Bass

Well done there Brendan, sounds like a heap of fun

Great to see your success in a river so close home, i am dying to get some bass action in, catching flatties in the creeks every weekend is getting bit old.
    Where do you need to put in to access the fresh part (Bass holds) of the north pine? i thought there were limitations on boating anywhere near the dam?
    BTW, i am all catch and release, just looking for a good place to practice some new lures.

do u get them on surface there as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_45 View Post
    do u get them on surface there as well?
    Certainly do. On this occasion though none were caught on surface lures though a couple were sight caught but using the chubby.
    Brendan

Thinking about going up there on friday arvo, I have heard about a large group (mostly family) of people getting caught 6 days in a row at the spillway with more then their bag limit. Wonder if you seen the same group?

Quote Originally Posted by 84mick View Post
    Thinking about going up there on friday arvo, I have heard about a large group (mostly family) of people getting caught 6 days in a row at the spillway with more then their bag limit. Wonder if you seen the same group?
    If its the same group 6 days in a row maybe they should be changing the penalty?

No need to change the penalty- just a prize.
    One way airfares ;-)