Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mondy still tough

mondy still tough

after heading north with the little lady for her work dropped in to mondy on way home,(dont know how the boat got on the back) fishing was tough again with no reprts from the park at all.fish sat arvo up in B found a great point with bait every where bonies and rainbow fish by the thousands,felt good and it payed of with the fattest barra i have landed up there yet,it went 104cm but the weight was a lot more than it should have been ,had another great hit and huge boil behind the xrap ,at least got the mondy cup sheet going and good to land one up there after a real case of the droppsies ,the x rap didnt last the fight though another pulled wire thru the back end had a little visitor too this morning tryng to hitch a ride cheers AL

Re: mondy still tough

one more for the cup measurement

Hi Al nice fish i hope this weather holds till next weekend i got 4 or 5 days there this would be the longest and hottest we have had it this season so far, well done on the fish there are some nice island points with weedbeds on the up the back of sthb now i seen last week so i think i might have a go there

shane

Well done Al seems like your luck has changed now mate,, good fish

Cheers Baz

shane i was surprised to only find 22 degrees in the bays thru the day for this time of year but with the warm sun and clears days left at 10.00am today and was finding 25 so hopefully you will have consistent water temps and fish are feeding.the shallower bays are warming nice and surface lures are producing a few strikes from the boys who are still up there . 3 fish from 4 boats isnt good though for 4 days better than donuts but

Awesome Al - great to see you stay connected to one - thankfully your boat jumped on the back of the car.

Love the boil shot ...... but you can keep the joe blake

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

nah chris, that shot is a missed jump from the fish, the wife was quick with the camera when i hooked up she has had some good action pics over the years doing it.

Thanks for the report. Mate and myself will be hitting Mondy next week and hopefully the water temp will raise up a little during that period.

Looked like the beast gave the rear treble a good pull because it looks out of shape or is it because you were using a bigger size treble?

just upgaded the trebles mate

Super fat fish Al. Good effort. Be nice to think things are coming back. More rain won't help.

nice report warrior effort payed off keep them reports coming love reading them

The reports I see, read and hear about mention boils, taps, , surface strikes, fish landed and so on- not a lot, but it's not dead. I wonder if anglers just need to refine techniques, or possibly change their approach- after all, it is a totally different waterway- which often results in some kind of behavioural pattern changing with the local fish.........which means anglers have to change too. Is it time to take the bull by the horns, or are we waiting for easy results to return to last years methods -that may not? Maybe 'we' ( whoever is fishing) need to change to fit in. That's what a guide does 'every' year, to fit in with changing fish and changing waterways. I know my tackle box rehashes itself each season, and my styles of lure presentation change to suit.
    Just a thought, based on experience.
    Johnny Mitchell

good advice as usual Johnnie, I pulled out a lure and technique that I haven't used for 5 years a couple of days ago and landed 2 fish in the first 20 minutes and had 3 other bites. Sometimes the old can be the new latest thing again. Thanks scott.

Happy days Al. So glad to see you have broken through your Mondy hoodoo. Great action shot from Sharon.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Onya Al,nice fish.Good to see you're back in the frame.Wasn't right, Al with no Barra.
    Paulo