Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mondy Crew the truth!

Mondy Crew the truth!

Well it has been said about the "Mondy Crew" are drinkers not thinkers well I have to say on catch rate through out a week of terrible condition a lot of thinkin and fishing stratergy was layed out and yup we mannage to relax around a fire when the weather permitted or we forgot the frying pan....

I have to say anyone who has ever fished with these guys will know all the finer point of barra angling has been talked about and descused around the camp. They are some fantastic people and never once have a go at anyone who is out for a fish. Also they relise that fishing is also a time away from work and the city life and just being away is enough for the majority.

Mateship amounst the so called "Crew" is second to none and when things go wrong theres alway someone willing to lend a hand, like my leccy give up so another was brought out for me to use and the brocken one dropped off for me in Brisso... These guys never belittle anyone who is willing to have a go and to explain this in easy read form two guys never been there before asked for some ideas on the dam and straight away out came the map and all the spots that had been working for us was revealed, plus lures and how we where fishing it simply because they wanted to see a stranger catch a dream fish....

The leader well I must say there is no such thing never met a leader in the camp yet, and funny enough the only ego's I have ever seen was a new guide and a few nomads that drift through.

I am not a u beaut fisho but love to get away and enjoy what are Barramundi and getting away with such a wonderful bunch from time to time makes me appreciate it even more. Seeing Brian smack that 113 tree wrapped , Pete break that PB right in front of us, Daryl with the comedy, Simon getting his first on Placcy, Deano becomming the best netman I have seen I have such wonderful friends from these guys,and have been lucky enough to have shared a boat with most and I know they will always lend a hand if it should ever arise and like wise to them. The funny part of all this is, if anyone wanted to come along and have a fish or camp you would be made feel as welcom as I was when i met these people.

Life is to short for silly shaningans and everyone should make a effort to get along we are all light hearted fishos and yes some like to take it more serious hell I have been getting right into it latley but we all share the same common intrest and really there's nothing to argue about when you look at it we all have opinions and we all have idea's if we all learn to listen accept and not bite off everones word maybe just maybe we all could be learning stuff of everyone regardless on how small or big it is.

To all the guys who fish for Barra you are always welcom to fish with any of us and share a beer or two hopefully this post sets the record straight for any wondering

Cheers Nath

Re: Mondy Crew the truth!

Well said Nath.
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

true that nath, well said....great bunch to share food, laughter, drinks, knowledge, and fishing...last week we did all of this , and the results on the dam were pretty impressive to say the least... trying conditions meant we all had to think, discuss, and help eachother out..

i recall bumping into some pretty switched on fishoes out there, who were struggling to get a touch, in the same period we also struggled, but managed to put some fish in the boat.....( yes you know who you are, and it was good to have a chat on the dam, and share a coke and a yarn at camp..you are both top fellas.)..

leader of the pack..ppfffff.....whatever.....just a bunch of blokes, enjoyin time away from the rat race that is life......

come join us.....

yes nath, plenty of net practice last week....toss....

deano...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Well said mate.

What I have seen is a casual bunch of blokes enjoying their time together and being responsible and not getting plastered. Enjoying some good conversations and theories over a roaring fire and no one belittling anyone nor leading the group.

It really one of the only gatherings of anglers I have come across that actually shares info during time on the water often inviting everyone to fish certain area’s because someone has cracked the “code” for a certain window of opportunity.

At night plans of attack are revisited and idea on why the day was either successful or not is passed around through the minds of like minded anglers and normally a fault is found or theories put into play of why the day turned out the way it did.

My hat goes off to you guys and I wish I could get up there more, but one thing is for certain and that is that I will be making every attempt to get up there with you guys in the future.

For me I don’t care what other people think and if it was not for the help I have received already I would still be trying to come to grips with the reality of learning everything barra related by myself without any one to share the passion.

Cheers

Lee

Nath ... Not a truer word has been written -

As I mentioned in another post - No homage is given & irreverence is part & parcel... . I'm yet to see anyone over awed or sit meekly in the corner at one of our gatherings - - - - -- Everyone is equally worthless
    With all that is said and written .... there is a real sense of mateship at these gatherings - information is offered & shared without hesitation - and will continue to be the case
    I know - I left a bite to go and help Simon out with his fish - purely on the back of wanting to see him land that fish ......... just a little thing but I think it goes a long way in describing the relationships that exists - just like what others did to ensure others tents stayed dry during the downpour - - - JUST AWESOME .

Those newcomers have always been welcomed ..... and will continue to be so.
    In the end ..... The results were testament to the information offered & shared - With no cost of admission

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Great words Nath......"Mondy Crew" if it was said as a dig by others, think again I wear the title with pride......The past week is testiment of the ability of the Boys.....these blokes don't talk the talk they prove it with photo evidence during a tough week.

I reinforce what has already been said, anyone wanting to have a piece of this is more than welcome to join us at any of our gathering's (Watch this space) and u will know when, You will learn at these gathering's because we all do ever time.....If you love Camping.....Camp oven food......A Cold Beverage of your choice....and being around like minded people then you will have a ball.......Finally Well done again Boys ya did good, I wish I could have joined u but it was not to be this time.......Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

good stuff Nath,
    sounds like a great time you guys have,
    shame we couldnt get up there the same week
    would love to catch up with you all at Mondy in the future,
    Cheers,

Ben

Well I'm about to venture up to Mondy for my first crack at an impondment barra. I'm going up armed with the knowledge that I have learnt from you blokes on here. I'm not expecting to land a monster if anything but I'm sure I will come home with an addiction and hopefully get back up there to fish with you guys one day and learn from you all in person. Thanks for the info and the stories you'se have shared. You have all earnt my respect so hopefully one day I can earn yours.
    Cheers Grant

When are you headed up Grant?

Pete

We were ment to be going in a week but it has been delayed. We will be heading up on monday 15th march just for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter View Post
    good stuff Nath,
    sounds like a great time you guys have,
    shame we couldnt get up there the same week
    would love to catch up with you all at Mondy in the future,
    Sounds good Ben have a plan a head for the Muster in September its a good weekend we will no dobt extend the trip for a week....

Oh you GPS isat foxies mate

i too have not met most of the fellas of this fishing group , trev has helped me out on many occasions up at awoonga ,i have learnt so much from this forum that it has even helped me crack a patten in my local water,thank heaps men and will eventually time my breaks right to get to meet a few more faces to the names , september is looking good so far do most of yopu have the ausfish stickers on your rigs as i am up there a bit and would say hello if i knew it was one of you cheers AL

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Sounds good Ben have a plan a head for the Muster in September its a good weekend we will no dobt extend the trip for a week....

Oh you GPS isat foxies mate

Thanks Nath,
    looking forward to the trip mate just hope we get a fish in the boat

the muster sounds good mate,
    il definately try to get there
    Cheers,

Ben

Well said a like chris said he gave up a chance to keep fising to come over to me and net my fish and i have only ever spokent to chris in person about 6 or so time over a couple of year period other then a yarn on here or 2 These are the traits that make this bunch such a genuine group of top aussie blokes and Aussie ladies .

We all share ideas and share locations, red claw traps to a fellows i have never meet in person till the sommerset session pete from coffs harbour top bloke .Cook up feeds and all join in the taste testing
    We share the kitchens and no one will knock ya back to go for a fish with them .

LIke nath said these blokes talk the talk about barra fishing and any other types of fishing to be exact .
    I have learn alot from some of these anglers over the time i have gotten to know them and hope i can still learn alot more yet
    Thanks guy look forward to the next venture

So, THATS the truth?

Here I was thinking you blokes were just a bunch of loud, smelly camp fire addicts with a casting addiction!

Seriously, I normally fish solo, quite like my own company, even earned a nick name for it, but I'd rather fish and camp with you goons any day!

Bring on the Bash, The Sessions, The Commitee Meeting and the Muster!