Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't post but can login

Re: Can't post but can login

Hello,

I have been unable to create new threads for a while despite the fact that it tells me that I have permission to do so. What prevents me from creating new thread is that when I try to create a new one, I see Title field but not the actual body of the thread. As such, I cannot post it because it is missing the main body. See image below.

Attachment 126593

What TF ?? , the above started with me today , google or Firefox.
    Anyone have an idea what causes this issue n a permanent fix or is it just a Ausfish issue.
    Posting now via my tablet. This has been an issue for awhile now with many members no ??.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    What TF ?? , the above started with me today , google or Firefox.
    Anyone have an idea what causes this issue n a permanent fix or is it just a Ausfish issue.
    Posting now via my tablet. This has been an issue for awhile now with many members no ??.
    Phone or laptop, seems to alternate between the 2 for me, haven't tried the tablet yet as I don't want to hex it.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Well today it decided to work...first time in about 2 weeks without a thing being done since i logged out last night...seriously losing faith in Ausfish lately....no fix-ups of known issues and very little content lately.
    Jack.

Mate me buggered also ??.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Well today it decided to work...first time in about 2 weeks without a thing being done since i logged out last night...seriously losing faith in Ausfish lately....no fix-ups of known issues and very little content lately.
    Fast running out of any decent places to go for information or help.I refuse to use FB, never bothered with instagramn as generally lots of stupid comments, oh it's a 3m flattie or worse. The other forum I use AA (not alcohol related) also has slowed down.
    Happy to maybe join maybe a local group on FB as a private group if others are interested.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Jot my name down.

ok....9 log outs and log ins and i finally get to reply....AUSFISH IS STUFFED.
    Get your shit sorted Steve Brown.
    I am off to Australian Fishing Forums.....doubt I will bother with this bookmark again.
    Take care lads....
    Jack.

Honestly this is getting beyond the Joke now !! WTF it cant be our Browsers as have unistalled and installed Shyeloads of times .
    Come on Ausfish !!??.

I can post but not pics 🤪
    Thomas Sowell

The lack of response for support makes you wonder if any owners or mods even read posts anymore.

Quite possibly they are finding it amusing !!.

No idea why Ausfish's admin is ignoring this but I have a workaround. If you're on a thread or in a forum, want to reply / create a thread and can't:

1. Click on the address bar and use the cursor to move to the start of the web address for the current page. It'll look something like this:
      https://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sh...an-login/page4
    2. Delete the 's' from 'https' so it's just 'http'. The modified address should look like this:
      http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...an-login/page4
    3. Hit enter. The site will reload as 'Not secure' but you'll be able to post.

Once on the 'Not secure' page you should be right to navigate around the site and post at will for the rest of the session, until you close the tab. There's something wrong with the SSL implementation that prevents posting for some accounts/browsers/whatever when the site is secure.

Quite possible this happens due to the site not being secure n your browsers eyes this ??.

Ausfish Silver Member

security settings,ticked allow insecure content and it works???