Thread: trout fishing around glenn innes

trout fishing around glenn innes

Would love to start fishing for trout around glenn innes but have no idea where. I live in toowoomba and have never fished there before so I am asking for some help please. Thanks.

Matt

Re: trout fishing around glenn innes

hi matt you have afew options, theres afew farm dams stocked and you pay to fish these, if your interested pm me. other than those there are a few small creeks that have trout but ive had no luck, dorrigo or ebor, even guyra might be abetter option. cheers bdowdy....brett

Wink Re: trout fishing around glenn innes

Hi Matt,
    I joind the Southeast Qd Flyfishers last year. The club does a fair mix of both fresh and salt water fishing. People who live more than 100klms from the coast can join as associate members which is as cheap as chips. The reason I mentioned our club is that there is an outing planned to fish trout just south of Glen Inns on the 28th of march this year. We fished that area last year in august, and had a ball. Have a geko at the club web site if this is of assistance.
    Also, the crew at fishhead at victoria point would be able to help with the good oil on this area.

Jeff C

Re: trout fishing around glenn innes

hi matt
    the creeks around glen innes hold good numbers of rainbow trout . your best bet would be 20 km west of glen in the 'ilparran ' and 'balaclava ' areas . another area is ben lomond about 30km south of glen just ask property owners . cheers mark