Thread: test casting?

test casting?

Just wondering how many people do test casts after they do the static load test to determine guide placement.
    While I was on holidays I was using the rod I did at the RBW and noticed that I was getting some line slap on the blank. This is probably robbing some casting distance (how much I'm not sure).
    I didn't test cast it before I put the guides on.
    I'm going to tape another guide on and try it to see what difference it makes, but I guess if I had done that first, my placement may be slightly different on the rest of them
    Mind you it still chucks a bait a long way and the slap is not terrible. Just maybe it could be improved.
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Re: test casting?

Yep sure do.
    Luckily we have a big park down the road or I venture over to my brothers pontoon to have a chuck.
    My 1/2 nut is starting to show sign of getting bashed up.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Owen
    Almost always especially when mixing guide types .Low riders and single foots or roberts wrap. Comparing distances down the local 3 footy fields joined end on end. 300 m .Wish i could cast that far.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by grave41 View Post
    Owen
    Almost always especially when mixing guide types .Low riders and single foots or roberts wrap. Comparing distances down the local 3 footy fields joined end on end. 300 m .Wish i could cast that far.
    Graham
    Trust me he (and Ruben) do fire off test shots. You should see the nice decorations in the power lines
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I have to admit that on some occasions I havn't, which is rather silly. Lucky for my guide placement was on the money.

It also pays to experiment with the size of the stripper guide.

A mistake there can cost you distance as well. Size does mattter!!!

good luck r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

I do too, not just power casting either, flicking for accuracy etc, all gets down out in the street, aiming at letterboxes etc