PDA

View Full Version : Three Nights on the bay

webby
13-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Just spend the last 3 nights in the bay, the whole purpose of the trips #Jew. Fished 6 slack water periods from Sat to Monday night, from Myora to Goat Sat/Sun and last night Rous.
In 3 nights our poor mullet couldnt even loose a scale, we also tried small choppers/snub gar and squid, Even they came back on board looking healthier for their restrained swim, except for the hook holes.
Boat traffic especially rainbow with all the Classic rigs coming and going, must have sounded like a thunder storm down below.
We also drifted the amity and maroon banks and scored some lizards and a couple of 35cm bream around the steaks on the old leases.
Also went squire hunting n/w of peel and ended up with 3 - 50+'s and 1- 37cm. so the 3 nights and 1 arvo at least returned something.
Our trip offshore tomorrow blow out.
A point for all squire hunters, the last week or so they have been hanging in deeper water #10m +, and very little activity in the shallow grounds above.
But the lizards are starting to gather on the banks south from the rous.
regards

Gypsea
13-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Thinking of going to peel next week and am keen on trying for a jew. Never targetted them before. You mentioned live gar, where abouts near peel do you get a ready and easily locatable supply.And is a bit of bread under a float ok to target with or you have a better method!
Thanx

skippa
13-08-2003, 06:15 PM
G'Day Webby,

Your on the money with the lizards, picked up a nice feed today off the banks and drop offs around the Rous.

Beaut day out there today, Flatties where just a bonus! :)

Cheers,
Skippa 8)

webby
13-08-2003, 06:24 PM
This is the third time lucky for this pic,
first off 1k too big, next its o k too big ???
now its 99.9k so here goes.
Keeping calm.

webby
13-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Hi Gypsea, Try around the rainbow entrance to Dialba or erica or go down to the weed beds on straddy south of goat. I use a double dropper and berley with bread.
regards

jaybee
13-08-2003, 06:34 PM
Brian arent you in the classic whats the goss, havent heard a thing, come on someone must be doing okay somwhere, best o luck
joe.

imnotoriginal
19-08-2003, 05:12 PM
I've been told (have never verified this) they catch some jew in the deeper water near Kangaroo Point and near the Gateway Bridge pylons in the Brissie River. Might be worth a shot ??? ???

vertico
20-08-2003, 08:35 AM
All i ever got around the gateway bridge was flapper jew
and captain vermen :) pike eel catfish and sharks

imnotoriginal
21-08-2003, 02:00 PM
you get many sharks around there? What were you fishing for?

craigie
21-08-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi Joel,

At next weeks Brisbane Boat Show there will be a fishing seminar on the thursday (28/8) that will be of interest to you. Bob Kozien will be talking about the fishing potential of the Brisbane River and how to tap into it. It's on at 4.00pm .
I'll be there taking notes ;D ;D

Cheers
Craig.

imnotoriginal
22-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Take notes for me too please, I'm at Uni until 5 on Thursdays, figures.... I'm sure it will be very helpful too

jaybee
22-08-2003, 03:15 PM
craigie
thursday (28/ its okay for the guys who can get time off work, now you have committed yourself i expect to see notes on this post as well bud.
cheers
joe.