PDA

View Full Version : First decent Sp Bream (pics)

land-lubber
18-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey guys,

I have caught a few breambos on plastics since i started using them around 6mths ago, mostly as by-catch. However, the opportunity arose for a session of breambo targeting in the Hervey Bay marina. The morning resulted in 3 fish from the one spot in 15min. the biggest went 34 cm and was guestemated at close to the kilo mark. The lure choice was a 3 1/2in atomic paddletail in green gord colour fished on 1/12oz TT jighead. The outfit was a Shakespeare Catera 2-4kg with a diawa laguna spooled with 8lb fireline and 8lb yo-zuri hybrid flurocarbon leader. I think i have finally cracked the bream code, and the fish that it produced made it worth every second.
cheers

land-lubber
18-01-2006, 10:02 PM
2nd shot

ShaneJ
18-01-2006, 10:08 PM
If I remember correctly, you were given that fish by the guy on the trawler! ::)

land-lubber
18-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Just cause u ended up out in the boat >:( :P. of which we still havnt seem piccies :-? are u shhhuuuurrrrrrree u caught any fish??? ;D

freddyfish
19-01-2006, 04:56 AM
That shirt's starting to fade a bit !

Brad

ShaneJ
19-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Just cause u ended up out in the boat >:( :P. of which we still havnt seem piccies :-? are u shhhuuuurrrrrrree u caught any fish??? ;D
Ask Dasher, one of them is in his fridge! :P

oddbudman
19-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Nice fishy.

Catching a 34cm bream sure is more fun than catching a 34cm flathead :)

beefaman
19-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Nice bream.....slow retrieve is the key to the finnicky suckers!! Oh, and some P/seed 2" gulps ;)

Hookem_Herby
19-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Nice fish landlubber :) and although it looks mighty fat and healthy I doubt very much it was a kilo fish. In my experience with bream, they need to be 40cms (or very close to) to tip the scales to the 1 kg mark. Still, nice catch regardless and top work on getting a PB.

Cheers,
Herby

Scalem
19-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Landlubber,

I don't care how many people have a dig at you, you da man catching Bream on SP's. Very clever fish, and I have only ever seen people catch them in good numbers with thousands of dollars worth of competition boats with electric motors.

Any chance you can snap of photo of the plastic used? I'd love to know the technique, I can't hook more than one or two an outing, but if I can increase the numbers I would become more interested in chasing them.

Scalem

land-lubber
20-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Soz scalem,

cant snap a piccie of the placcie at the moment, but if u live near a BCF, they stock atomics, the details on the plastic are in the post above, u should b able to find some in there. the colour is called green gord, its a motor oil colour with green flecks through it.
The retrieve was a very slow sink, mayb 5 seconds before it hit the bottom. then a couple of good flicks to get it off the bottom and let it sink again. the breambos were hitting it on the drop.
cheers

fullscale
22-01-2006, 04:55 PM
my pike was bigger then that ;D ;D ;D