PDA

View Full Version : Green Island 19/4

Samand
21-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Fished green on wedsneday morning on the run in tide lots of little sweetlip and large pike. Used softies and some mullet for bait. Anyone know where to catch the bigger fish at green and wat depth water??

Cheers
Samand

tiny_tinny
22-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Gidday Samand,

Anywhere along the reef drop-off is worth a try. To maximise your chance of bigger fish I suggest that you fish the deep side of the dropoffs, not over the reef itself. You really need to be there when it's not too bright - early morning or late arvo into the night. I am not sure that tides are too critical, but I favour a rising tide.

I reckon it's best to use berley - nothing complicated, I usually just use chook pellets with a dash of tuna oil and maybe some of the bait you are using, chopped finely and mixed in. Keep feeding out a steady stream of berley - a little bit often rather than hand-fulls every 5 minutes.

Don't fish too heavy - certainly no more than 10 lb line, and only a tiny sinker. You don't need to anchor the bait on the bottom. Squire in particular will move up to take a bait.

I use all sorts of things for bait - half a WA pilly, hardyheads, squid, herring - though pillies and herring would be my pick.

Best of luck, and let us know how you get on.

Mike

Samand
22-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Thanks for that, that helps alot.
Im sure we will be reporting back to you with good news now

Samand