PDA

View Full Version : Seaway Landbased - Kingfish + bonnito

richos
05-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Arrived at the seaway at around 3:30am, sunday morn, to cast some slugs off the end of the south wall.

Got off to a bad start by losing 3 slugs in the first few casts:( . Anyway, things were very quite for the first hour and a half. I then spotted some surface activity in the corner of my eye. I quickly rushed right hand corner of the rockwall and cracked off a few casts towards the sandpumping jetty. Second cast, after four cranks of the handle, the 65gram lure got smashed. As soon as line started peeling off the reel, i immediatley thought "crap, theres no way im landing this from this spot". As anyone who has fished the flat rock at the end of the seaway would know, landing larger fish can be rarther difficult:). Well i got the fish to the rock edge wondering what to do with it when my mate decided to do the mission down and grab the bugger. He safely made it down and grabbed the fish, which was a 65cm kingie (first king for me).

After that excitement, the bonnito started boiling on the surface and kept us entertained for the next half hour or so.
It was a good way to start the morning:)

yellahunter
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
well done mate thats some great fish from the seaway.

do you fish there often with this method? if so is it usually pretty productive

Mullet_Musketeer
05-12-2006, 11:35 AM
Great effort - the early bird catches the fish ;)

geoff72
05-12-2006, 12:38 PM
nice stuff, great fighters.

hungry6
05-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Did you surface slugged or allowed it to sink to he bottom and retrieve it like a rocket?

masterdusky
05-12-2006, 07:09 PM
nice king mate, especially for the high end of the wall ;)
have heard soooooo many stories about hte possibility of landing kings there but never have :D
good job mate

Zulu_1
05-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Top work mate. I bet your glad your mate was there. ;D

Cheers Brett :)

Smailesy
05-12-2006, 07:31 PM
great effort from the rocks well done

Adamy
05-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Excellent work - coincidently thats the place where I hooked and land my first ever king as well - at that time had to scramble to the flat blocks at water level in order to gaff it - they go mighty hard!!

Top effort!!

Adam :D