PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in KL

TOLGA
13-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi all
Going to malaysia in a couple of weeks and wondering if anyone knows what the fishing is like over there or if they can reccomend anything. Staying in KL and then heading to Penang.
Thanks
Tolga

Jonli
13-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Hi Tolga ,

Go to Kuala Rompin for sailfish action , never been there myself but a good expatriate friend of mine has fished there a few time and caught a few sailfish , mostly by livebait but of late , using stickbait .

JonLi .

rowdycowdy
14-09-2006, 05:34 PM
gidday tolga

I was in KL in January and my wife and I travelled all through Borneo from Sebah to Sandakhan, beautiful place, amazing wildlife, travelled all of the lakes but alas did not get a chance to fish, I was on my honeymoon and my only chance was a choice between five hours big game fishing or a romantic dinner with the wife on a private beach hut with our own personal butler, in the end it was not my choice to make.

Good luck hope you get some big ones.

rowdy

ps If you get the chance to go to Borneo you must go to turtle island, you get to see giant turtles lay their eggs on the beach and then name and release a baby turtle yourself. #It is guaranteed they lay eggs every night and hatch every day it is amazing :)

TOLGA
19-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Thankyou for your replys guys I will keep those in mind and see what happens when I get there
cheers
Tolga

Big_unit
19-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Gday Tolga,
Ill bet you have a cracker of a trip, hope to see a report when you get back.

How are things at the tackle store going ?

Cheers
James

Krazi-kev
19-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi

Not much fishing in or around KL however Penang could be OK. Those waters have been hit very very hard and catching a fish can be a difficult job indeed. Great scenery anyway

There is an lsland near Ipoh called Pulau Pangkor............your chances would improve a little there

good luck

TOLGA
14-10-2006, 08:42 PM
HI,
Well back form three weeks in Malaysia, I really didn't have much time to do much, too busy doing what the misses wanted. Went to KL which is like Sydney city , Penang very boring place not much to do , and Lankawi nice island great place for lazing around a isolated beach or hanging around the resort pool. over all it was good to get away. Didnt do any fishing as i had trouble trying to find a charter. found a few tackle shops. there was a few people asking if there was any there so i will post them up.

KL -
fish hunter -15 jin maharajalela KL
king fisher tackle cnt - 133 jin 2/3a KL
sabre tackle - 93 jin maharajelela KL
PENANG -
hobi sports - 234 penang rd penang
LANKAWI -
theres a tackle shop down the main street near the ferry terminal they had tackle there and also were involved with game fishing but i only had five minutes to look in there because we had to catch the ferry back.

Big Unit - Mate the tackle shop is no longer there the owners had an offer for the lease that was to hard to refuse so basicaly we sold all teh stock within two weeks and moved out they didnt want anything so the owners made a killing and decided not to open again as for the shop its only a lease hold only so that the new people( pharmacy) can open up anywhere after nine months of holding a lease in that zoned area.
take care
TOLGA