PDA

View Full Version : SOUNDER PROBLEMS!!!!

Dr_Dan
06-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Hey all.

Having problems with my Garmin Sounder. It's a garmin 100

It jsut doesn't work! Doesn't turn on. Checked all connections, battery etc. Plenty of charge in the battery, all the connections are ok, sounder jsut doesn't want to turn on!

Anyone have the faintest idea of what might be the problem. Havent' used the boat in bout 6months, went to get it organised for fishing trip to hinchinbrook, all ok, except SOUNDER WON"T WORK!

I don't really want to have to spend any money on it, not worth it. Plus on student wages............
Would probably be better just to upgrade, had it for a while.

Any info would be GREAT! [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Thanx
Dan

SNELLY
06-07-2004, 09:25 AM
Dan,

If you had your battery connected to the power lead without the sounder connected and it was left for some time and got wet you can actually burn out the power plug - Not sure what the garmins are like but have had that happen to my Lowrance and eagle units

Cheers Snelly

mackmauler
06-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Yep, what Snelly said, the garmins are no better than lowrance regards that.

Rob

Dr_Dan
06-07-2004, 10:29 AM
I'll have to have a look at the suggestions. #

Any way of checking if this is what has happened?
I'll take the unit in and see if they can try it. #

Snelly,
Do you know of anywhere in Tville that i could take the sounder to get looked at?

Thanx for the suggestions

Dan

SNELLY
06-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Dan,

What you can do is use a test light to see if there is power to it by connecting the light to the negative side of the battery and then probe the plug.

If there is a Gamin Supplier in T'ville take your unit along to them and get them to test it by putting it on another power lead.

And if this is the case then you will need to repalce the power cable

Cheers JON

Dr_Dan
06-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Thanx jon, will give it a try tomorrow.

Robbo_Townsville
06-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Motor Marine stock Garmin in Townsville

Dr_Dan
06-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanx