PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Meat for Camping Trips

redspeckle
18-11-2004, 01:50 PM
You fellow Aushfisher out there just wandering were can you by meat in bulk like 1/2 cow or full cow,sheep ,or pig from a Good Butcher also cuts into meat cuts & how much a kilo if you can , in the Brisbane area. got big trip coming up in the near future

Rowdy_2002
19-11-2004, 04:11 AM
You could try Brisbane Bulk Meats on Logan Road at Greenslopes. Just tell them what you want and they will even cryovac it into packs for you. So then just remove a pack from the freezer for the nights meal.

bugman
20-11-2004, 04:11 AM
If you're on the southside my local at Fairfield. GE Mallon Bulk Meats will do the same thing - cheap prices for bulk orders with cryovac as well.

Bugman

Rowdy_2002
20-11-2004, 04:50 AM
Hey Bugman,

How is he for price and quality? I live pretty close to fairfield and prefer to go to the "local" especially if they are good.

Greg

gunna
20-11-2004, 07:41 AM
Shameless plug. If you are further north go to Buderim Butchery. Thats my brother & best meat on the Sunshine Coast.

bugman
23-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Rowdy,

He has two forms of all meat - "cheap" and "quality"

Take rib fillet for example - has has whole rib fillets for $9 a kilo but you'll find it probably containing a nice piece of fat. Still alright for the general BBQ and bllody good for thin steakburgers.

However if you ask the boys they have the good rib fillet out the back which is about $15 and it will melt in your mouth. It's all I buy now when I want a good steak - I get it cut to about 1.5-2 inches and keep in rare as hell - bloody great.

Again it's like everything you get what you paid for but it's up to you to decide what you want.

Bugman

Derek Bullock
23-11-2004, 01:44 PM
:o :o :o :o A whole bullock for a camping trip. :o :o :o :o

Derek

jimbamb
26-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Derek,
Recon he'd need a big camp oven for that much meat. ;) ;)

Derek Bullock
27-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Hey Jim

Saw one at the Camp Oven Festival a few years back that would have just about held a side of beef.

Derek