PDA

View Full Version : What crab is this

Dignity
28-12-2023, 06:58 AM
My mate is back from WA and he wanted to go crabbing and in one of the pots we had this one, the underbody was the whitest of white and upper body was lighter than what appears in the pic, couldn't get it out separately from the other 2 bucks which were undersized, one of which had the points broken off and would have been of size. Any idea what it's called.

We had minimal success with many bucks just under size and heaps of jennies, in one pot we had 5 crabs 2 jennies, 3 bucks so it seems they have been on the move.127276

chris69
28-12-2023, 08:44 AM
Coral crab.

tunaticer
28-12-2023, 11:09 AM
coral crab best eating crab in qld

Dignity
28-12-2023, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys, thought it was but hadn't seen one this size, usually much smaller. He was sent back to get larger and to reproduce.

Pulled the pots in today, not much activity. Had a flick afterwards and mostly rat flatties and grunter but I did hook a nice flattie aroind 75cm but it shredded my line before I could get the hook out, the only exciting thing for the day.

Noelm
28-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Got a big one here this morning, just over 550g we get a few every summer, they are OK eating, but really no different to a Sand/Blue swimmer