PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance HDS 7 Structure Scan Transducer

goona
08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi All,

In the process of buying a HDS 7 touch and a structure scan transducer to gowith it mainly for the tinnie but will also purchase an extra cradle and powerlead so I can put into the big boat for the GPS and maybe the structure scan aswell (Already have a Furuno 585 in big boat) if I think it is worth it.

Question; I was under theimpression now that the latest structure scan transducers are relatively small (100mm like standard transducers) comparedto the previous ones. The one that has been proposed is around 300mm long. Isthis correct or is there a smaller one out there for the newer models.
Thanks Goona

FishCQ
08-05-2013, 03:05 PM
I purchased one probably 2 months ago with with the 2nd gen structure scan and it is quite long.. at a guess 250mm. Awesome unit though would highly recommend it if you are thinking of purchasing it.

bar raider
08-05-2013, 05:47 PM
The old Lss had the short ducer, the new lss-hd (Lss2 ?) has the long one.

chocolatemoose
08-05-2013, 08:35 PM
the new transducer you might be thinking of is the HDI transducer seen with the elite 7. its a 83/200 455/800 dual beam + down imaging. its a blue connector and can be used with the hds7 touches straight out the box.
or go for the HSTWSBL 83/200 transducer and a LSS2 transducer for down/side imaging (6 crystals . 2 for each side and 2 for down. better resolution than the HDI down imaging) if room and conviencne and budget allow. id go the dual transducer option.