PDA

View Full Version : Do you know who owns this yalta?

odes20
23-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I have been chasing info on full depth pods as a hull extension and got pics of this boat from somewhere in the past. The Hull is a Yalta Odessa 2000 which is exactly what I have and I would like to chat to the owner if possible regarding how it performs with the pod on it.

Anyone know or have any clue who owns it so I can try and contact?
Thanks in advance

John
http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab223/odes20/Bd1J5vBGkKGrHqQOKjEq4rghoBK6plbFZWQ_3.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab223/odes20/Bd1J7yg2kKGrHqUOKjEEq5WZTSyBK6plphEQ_3.jpg

surveyor
23-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Hi my mate has a yalto 2000 it has an ally full depth pod wirth a 200 yamaha 2 stroke .it goes preety well rides really well but has the turning circle of a carrier but it has fantastic deck space it feels like double the originals ,its full depth but the same as the picture not full width with icorporated duck board

Smithy
24-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Brooksy from on here has a podded 189 with a V4 Oceanpro on it. I think he likes it as superior over the old setup. I guess he like the flat back transom and live bait tank he built for the extra fishing room too.

24-08-2011, 04:38 PM
mate give arnolds fibreglass in brisbane a call and talk to him he has done quite a few and does a very nice job he should be able to help you out.

No Fear
24-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey mate, They are the ducks nuts.......and their ride is second to none. They bum steer a little with the big pods but the fishing room is huge. The other added safety aspect is a sealed pod at the back. Cant speak of them more highly and I've been in a few boats. Heres a pic of my rig

Muddy Toes
24-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey mate, They are the ducks nuts.......and their ride is second to none. They bum steer a little with the big pods but the fishing room is huge. The other added safety aspect is a sealed pod at the back. Cant speak of them more highly and I've been in a few boats. Heres a pic of my rig
Was this at Valet boat services the other week?If it was it looks like a great rig.

odes20
24-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Hi No Fear, Forgive me but is your boat a 189 or Odessa 2000 So did you have this boat before it was podded ? Just to see if you had the experience of before and after,,And how long is the pod?

Cheers
John

No Fear
25-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Hi Muddy Toes,
Thats it mate. Pete had it for a couple of weeks re-wiring it. It still has a few cosmetic touch ups required, but I love it. Great deck space and a true half cab to stretch out up the front.
Odes- This is actually a Weekender model of the Yalta. I was only a pup when the POD was put on and only went out in it once or twice before this. The pod certanly makes a difference. It is about 600mm from transom to motor (approximate but I can get exact measurements or you can have a look if you want) and almost makes it into a 23 foot. The longer the boat normally means the better the ride and this certainly is the case with this boat. You also end up with about 3 foot of extra deck space and its great for diving and getting in and out of the boat.
The only issue we have with it is having the ali pod painted. Due to it going from fibreglass to ali, the paint doesnt stick along the join and ends up flaking of. I have had this professional done just recently by Johnny down at the pin so we will see how it goes.
Once you get in my boat, you quickly understand how much deck space there is.....
Just wish I had a 4 banger on the back (even though I love the sound of the big evinrude). Let me know if I can be any more help.
Cheers