PDA

View Full Version : USA Boat Importers

Mickol
06-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi,

Can I ask you guys out there who have imported boats from the USA did you get transit insurance for the trip or was it not worth the effort ?

Regards

Mickol

leezor
06-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Insured the last one I imported through a local broker, cost was only $300au so well worth it IMO.

Liberty
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Don't insure if you have ginormous balls. The rest of us insure ...

Moffy
06-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Yep - Insurance for a mate from work's import cost $250 - boat was around $30k US before import costs - at that cost - why would you not!!!

Muddy Toes
06-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah mate i took up the offer for insurance from the company i got it shipped with.Cost was 1% of the shipping cost.For that price you would be nuts not to get it.

Sheik
06-08-2011, 11:20 PM
And are there any particular importers that you would recommend or not rec? Any dealers in the USA that you've dealt with that are fair dink?
regards Jim

Muddy Toes
07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I used Watercraft Mix.They were one of the cheapest i could find and the service was great.As for dealers i bought my boat off Marine Connection in Florida and they were fantastic to deal with, more than helpful and they were very prompt whenever i asked for something to be posted or emailed to me.I would not hesitate to recommend them to someone that's looking to buy a boat over there.

rhodesey
10-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Talk to Justin at Portsea Marine in Victoria if you are interested in importing. I got him to import my latest boat out of Florida a few months ago. He did a great job helped source the boat checked it over and sorted all the paper work. I even bought one of his trailers for it. I fully recomend him.